The Employee Finder is used to identify employees that can be assigned to a visit or recurrence. Using a combination of filters, sorting, various metrics and a calendar view, you can get all the information needed to make the best assignment. The Employee Finder feature can be accessed via the 'Find Employee' button found in the visit and recurrence dialogs.
There are 2 main tabs within the Employee Finder: Metrics and Calendar
1- Metrics View
The Metrics view shows the following Metrics that can be used to compare employees for that visit or recurrence:
- Continuity: This metric indicates the percentage of visits that were assigned to this employee within the continuity metric limit.
- Seniority: Displays the assigned seniority from the employee profile.
- Skills: Shows the percentage of the skills linked to the service that the employee has.
- Availability: Displays the number of visits for which the employee is available, out of the total number of visits to be scheduled.
- Current Work Hours: Displays the current number of hours scheduled for that employee, compared the min and max amount set on the employee profile. User can toggle between multiple ranges via the 'Work hours for' selector at the top right of the dialog.
To go to the employee profile, simply click on their name to open a new tab.
Filters are active by default when opening the Employee Finder. To loosen the criteria, users can remove filters individually.
The following filters are available
- Employee names: text search (with autocomplete) on employee names. You can select multiple employees to compare.
- Associated Employee: Only see the employees from the client's Care Team
- Experienced Employee: Only see employees that have completed a visit with the client within the continuity metric limit
- Has Capacity: Only see employees that have work hours left in their week to cover the visit
- Required Skills: Only show employees that have some of the required skills
- Not blocked: Only show employees that have not been blocked by the client or blocked the client
- Group: Filter by selected groups
- Department: Filter by selected department
- Employment types: Filter by selected employment type
Employee availability score is calculated only for future visits. It is calculated for each visit of a recurrence using the following items:
- Employee default availability setting
- Visits (excluding On Hold and Cancelled visits)
- Availability & Unavailability
1) If the employee is available by default:
He/she is considered unavailable if:
- there is an overlapping visit
- (or) there is at least 1 overlapping unavailability
- the availabilities are ignored
2) If the employee is unavailable by default:
He/she is considered unavailable unless if:
- there is an overlapping availability
- (and) there is no overlapping visits
- (and) there is no overlapping unavailability
2- Calendar View
The calendar view gives a visual representation of the current visit (represented by orange columns) within the employee's current weekly schedule. Existing visits are shown as blue tiles, while unavailability is shown in red. Details of each can be seen when hovering over the tiles.
During creation of a non-recurring visit only: the visit can be moved to fit an employee's schedule. Simply drag the orange column to the left or right.
Users can also view Travel time for each employee in both tabs of the Employee Finder.
To learn more about Travel Time, see here
This feature is only available during the creation of a recurrence. It allows you to distribute parts of a recurrence between multiple employees, and/or spread the visits across multiple times.
Within the Calendar view, for a recurrence, you can split the different days between many employees. Simply click on the orange tile at the level of the desired employee to choose. Do the same for the other days of the recurrence. Once selected, this will create a table under the Assign to employee field in the visit dialog.
In addition, you can move the time on one or many of the days to fit an employee's schedule. Simply drag the orange columns to the left or right. Once selected, this will create a table under the Start and End Times field in the visit dialog.