The Funding Methodology of a service is Single by default - that is, only one funder will be billed for it when invoices are generated for visits.
In the dropdown, there is also an option called Split. Split allows the user to select more than one funder for the service. When Split is selected, the Funder dropdown is replaced by a table Funder Breakdown.
In the Funder column, select a funder in each dropdown.
- You cannot select the same funder more than once.
- If you select a funder of type Client-individual, you will obtain an additional dropdown in which you can select among the clients' contacts. (See Private - Cash below and the selected contact Jane's Parents.)
- Another funder can be added by clicking + Add Funder bottom right.
In the 100% column, enter the percentage billed to each funder.
- The total of percentage amounts you have entered will appear in parentheses at the top of the column (see 55% below). The total must equal 100% before you can save the service.
Every funder of the split-billed service must have a Bill Code for the service's Service Code.
Therefore, once funders are selected, only matching service codes can be added. Once a service code is selected, only matching funders can be added.
In this example, only the service code BRV has associated bill codes for both MOHLTC and Private Stest - Cash.
Once a service code has been selected, the Use Rate column of the Funder Breakdown will populate with the rates of each funder for the service code. The user must select one of the rates to be the billable rate for all funders.
In this example, the rate 10.00/visit is selected, which is MOHLTC's rate for the service code.
Therefore, when invoices are generated for visits, MOHLTC will be billed 5$ per visit, and Jane's parents will be billed 5$ per visit, as they are splitting the fee 50/50.
The Funder Breakdown appears also in the visit dialogue>Accounting tab.
By clicking on the pencil, the user can edit the breakdown:
- The percentage split can be altered
- the effective rate can be changed from one funder's bill code to the other
- a different bill code can be entered for either funder. Note that unless the bill code is the effective bill code (chosen in the use rate column), this will have no effect on billing.
Premiums are also split between funders. See the Premiums tab of the visit dialogue.
Here again, the percentage split can be edited, though the selected rate will always be the rate of the primary funder on the visit.
When the visit is approved for billing, it is approved for all funders of the visit. If a billing cycle does not exclude any of the funders of the service, all the invoices for the visit will be generated for all funders. Otherwise, it is up to the user to ensure that they create billing cycles for each funder of the service so that all portions of the visit will be billed.