How do I enable the Provider Equipment & Supplies feature for my agency?
Go to "System > Features" and turn on "Equipment & Supplies."
What if my agency is already ordering supplies through the CCAC?
Even if your agency sends requisitions through the HSSO's PXML service, you can still maintain an internal Provider Catalogue to track supplies.
Items in Provider Catalogue will never be available for ordering on a CCAC Requisition. Similarly, a Provider Requisition will never suggest any CCAC catalogue items.
Once a requisition is created, the type cannot be changed. This means that if a user selects a pickup or delivery option from the CCAC, they cannot edit this order to be a Provider Requisition and vice versa. A Provider Requisition is not eligible for pickup or delivery.
For more information on Supplies with the CCAC, see this article:Managing Equipment and Supplies with the CCAC
How can my care workers manage supplies requisitions?
An administrator with access to "Settings > Roles and Permissions" must enable at least one of these permissions under the "Customer" category for each role:
- Manage Equipment & Supplies Requisitions for a Service
- Employees with this permission will be able to create, edit, and view supplies requisitions for client services on their caseload
- Manage Equipment & Supplies Requisitions for All Clients
- Employees with this permission will be able to create, edit, and view every requisition in AlayaCare. This permission is designed for Coordinators, Office, and Admin roles.
- View Supplies Catalogue
- Employees with this permission will be able to view (e.g. read-only) supplies catalogues to see what items are available for ordering
How do I create a Provider Catalogue?
The user must have permissions to view "Supplies Management."
From "Patients > Supplies Management," go to the "Provider Catalogue" tab and click "Add Catalogue":
After the catalogue has been created, click "Add Item" to begin adding supplies items to your agency's catalogue:
What details should I add to my catalogue items?
AlayaCare's Provider Catalogue allows agencies to track equipment and supplies by defining unique item codes, adding item descriptions, and managing pricing information.
These details are added by an administrator when a catalogue item is created:
- Item Code: Mandatory, unique identifier for each catalogue item
- Description: Mandatory, the "friendly name" for a catalogue item
- Price per Unit: Rate at which an agency purchases an item
- Billed per Unit: Rate at which an agency charges clients for an item
- Applicable Taxes: Brings up a list of taxes from Accounting > Global Settings > Taxes. Multiple taxes can be applied to a single catalogue item.
To add the same tax to every item in the catalogue, click "Edit Catalogue" to begin adding universal item taxes:
How do I create a new Provider Requisition?
From a client's service, click on the green "Equipment & Supplies" tab, then click on the "New Requisition" button:
If the CCAC feature flag is also enabled:
You must select "Provider Requisition" from the list of dropdown options and click "Save":
After clicking "New Requisition" (or "Save" on the "New Requisition" dialog), you'll be taken directly to the "Requisition Details" page:
How do I add, edit, or delete items on a draft requisition?
From the "Draft View" screen, click on "Add Item."
You can start by typing the item description or item code to bring up the auto-complete catalogue options. Then, enter the quantity and any additional information necessary:
Once you've finished, click "Save" to add the item. You can also click "Cancel" to exit editing mode.
Click on "Edit" at the end of an item row to enter editing mode.
Editing Bill Price on Items
When in "Edit" mode, the user can decide whether they want to use the "Billed per Unit" price defined at the catalogue level or if they want to bill a custom price to the client:
After an item price is edited and saved, there is an info hover showing which employee changed the price and at what time:
Click the dropdown arrow on the "Edit" button to show the "Delete" option:
How do I approve (or cancel) a requisition?
When you're ready to approve a requisition, click on the "Approve" button from the draft details view or from the dropdown button on list of requisitions for the service. You can do the same for cancelling a draft requisition:
If you choose to cancel a requisition, a confirmation popup will appear:
Once a requisition has been approved or cancelled, the document label will change and the list of requisitions will show who updated it on what date:
Note: The "Sent to" column will always be empty for Provider Requisitions because only CCAC Requisitions can be "sent."