Claims generated for Funder with a 2/28/23 date of service are generating the wrong amounts for some. For example, claim ID 11111 and claim ID 11121 both contain 1 hour of S5263, however are generating the incorrect claim amount. The correct amount is $XX.
To use BIM to change the bill rate please do the following:
- Navigate to the affected claims and void them (visits need to be unbilled in order to change the bill rate in BIM)
- Navigate to BIM and filter by the following:
- Source dates affected (I've attached a screenshot of example using 2/28/23 to 3/1/23)
- Bill code HC:S5263 and scroll through the list until you find the correct one named HC:S5263-Funder-FUND
- Leave the Status option as Ready
- Visits will start to populate in the listing
- You can look for the visits that are showing the rate of $YYY
- To change the rate on a visit, click on the Edit button to the far right of the visit (next to the word Ready)
- This will allow you to edit the bill rate by typing the new rate over the incorrect rate
- Click the Save button, this visit is now ready to be billed
- Complete the same steps from #6 to 8 to correct all affected visits
- Once you corrected all of the visits, navigate to claims and generate claims as per your normal practice
I hope these instructions are helpful for providing an alternate solution in the interim. Once I have some news on this unexpected behaviour and resolution timeline I'll be in touch.
Article is closed for comments.