Before sending a billing file to a LHIN, you should check if required billing information is missing by using the Issue Resolution screen. This page allows you to sort and filter for missing information and add key details like Activity Codes, Service Codes, and Bill Codes to the Visit before continuing with the billing process.
Search for Missing Information in Issue Resolution by using Filters
To begin the review process, click on the Issue Resolution tab located within your Billing Period.
- BRN: Billing Reference Number.
- Funder: the LHIN to be billed for the Visit.
- Service Type: code information that the LHIN uses to identify the Service provided (for example, Nursing (01); Personal Support & Homemaking (11); Physiotherapy (05); etc.).
- Activity Code: the code used by the LHIN to identify the type of activity that occurred during the scheduled Visit (for example, 92 - Personal Support; 50 - Exercise; 01 - Assessment; 03 - Treatment; etc.).
- Bill Code: the code used to identify the Service to be billed to the LHIN as well as the associated rate and unit type.
From here, you can use the various filters to identify important information that could be missing.
You can filter the list of Visits by the following details:
- All Visits vs. Scheduled Visits vs. Cancelled Visits
- All shifts vs. Shifts missing service code vs. Shifts missing pay code vs. Shifts missing bill code vs. Shifts missing activity code
- Employee Designation
The following filters are especially useful for LHIN billing:
- Shifts missing service code. If a Service Code is missing, the Visit will not be billed correctly.
- Shifts missing bill code. The system requires a Bill Code in order to bill at the correct rate.
- Shifts missing activity code. If an Activity Code is missing, Visits will be rejected as Activity Codes are required for LHIN billing.
Add Missing Information Before Submitting to the LHIN
Once you have identified which required codes are missing for the Visits you wish to bill, you can add these details from the Issue Resolution screen before submitting the Visits to the LHIN.
To add information to a Visit, click Not Set for a code that is missing on the Visit.
This will open the Edit Visit dialogue, where you can input the missing details.
When you have finished, click Update Visit. The Visit details will be updated in the Issue Resolution page.
You can also select View to open the Visit dialogue and enter the missing information in the Edit tab.
When you have finished, click Update Visit to save your changes.
Article is closed for comments.