This article provides and overview of how AlayaCare can be leveraged for sub ledger purposes.
Invoice Status Overview
Bulk invoice status changes are accomplished when a Billing Period is Closed. Otherwise, the invoice status can be changed at the Client > Accounting tab through Ad Hoc Invoicing or within a Billing Period manually. Invoice items are only available for export to a General Ledger once they are “Sent” and the "Entry Date" is set.
Exporting to a General Ledger - From the main Accounting menu, the tab "General Ledger" will allow agencies to export all entries – invoice items, payments, credit notes, voids – from one place at any time.
Creating a New Export
After Clicking +New Export you must complete the fields.
Specify the From & To dates for the transactions you want to export.
- The system auto populates the dates and times from the last time you exported to ‘now’, so you would be getting all the most recent transactions by default.
- You also see a list of the most recent exports as an audit history.
In order to avoid exporting invoices before the churn on them is done, invoice items are only available for export once they are “Sent” and the "Entry Date" is set.
- Entry Date: The date the transaction occurred. For invoices, that's the date the invoice was moved from Draft status. For payments & credit notes, it's the date they were received.
- Posting Date: The date for receivables, taken from the effective invoice date set on the billing period. Posting Date is the same as the Entry Date for Payments & Credit Notes.
Log Entry - a Payment
- Choose the invoice (Note that currently a payment can only apply to one invoice.)
- Select the payment method
- If there are multiple bank accounts set up, select the corresponding one (recall that this is set up in Accounting Global Settings as outlined above).
Log Entry - a Credit Note
Choose the Invoice you wish to apply a Credit Note to by selecting Log Entry
- Change the Type to “Credit Note”
- Select the invoice
- Enter the amount
- Select the visit or premium for which the credit note is being applied. This will determine which Revenue Account will be debited. We currently display: Date of Visit, Start Time of Visit, and Bill Code