Employees can be scheduled to a Facility for either one-off or recurring Visits. There are a number of ways to schedule Employees to Visits at a Facility in AlayaCare.
Option 1: Creating Visits from the Facility Profile
- Navigate to Clients>Facility List and click on the Facility you would like to schedule.
- Click the Employee Scheduling tab to access the Employee schedule for the Facility.
- Click the time slot in the calendar you would like to schedule or click +Add Visit(s).
- Complete all required fields before clicking Ok. Each field can be defined as follows:
- Client. This field is automatically populated with the Facility name and cannot be changed.
- Client Services. Click Choose to select one of the Services created for the Facility (under the Services tab in the Facility profile). If only one Service is entered, it will be marked Chosen by default.
- Service Code. The Service Code will default to the code that was set for the selected Service when it was created for the Facility. This code can be changed where applicable.
- Assign to Employee. Use this field to search and assign an Employee. If left blank, the Visit will be scheduled as vacant.
- Start Time. Set the start date and time.
- Use Service Duration. The End Time will automatically populate based on the default duration set at the Service Code level. By unchecking this box, you can override the default duration.
- Create as a recurrence. If you check this box, the Recurrence Setup box will appear below for setting up the Recurrence details. If Recurrence End Date is left blank, the recurring Visits will continue indefinitely.
- Service Instructions. These instructions will appear on all Visits scheduled from this Recurrence and will be visible to care workers in the field.
- Activity Codes. Any codes set here will appear on all Visits generated from this recurrence rule and will be visible to care workers in the field.
- Reports. Any reports here will appear in the Task list of all Visits generated from this recurrence rule and will be visible to care workers in the field.
- After clicking Ok, the Visit and/or recurring Visit will now appear in the schedule view.
Option 2: Create a Recurring Schedule from the Services tab in the Facility profile
- Navigate to the Services tab on the Facility profile to access a list of all Services currently running at the Facility.
- Select the Service you would like to schedule the Employee to.
- From within the Service profile, select +Add a recurrence.
- Fill out the recurrence details and then click Add a recurrence. To learn more about the available fields when creating a Visit or Recurrence, see the information provided in Step 4 of Option 1. For recurring Visits, you also need to specify the following:
- Frequency. Choose either D-Daily or W-Weekly as the Visit Frequency. If you select Weekly, you will be able to choose the days of the week on which you wish to have Visits.
- Repeat Every Weeks. Choose whether the Visit occurs ever week, every other week, every 3 weeks, etc.
- Recurrence End Date.The last date for the recurring Visits to be added to the schedule.
- Preview. A list view of all upcoming Visits for the recurrence.
Option 3: Scheduling from the Employee Schedule View
- Hover over Schedules on the left-hand side and click Employee Daily Schedule. This should open up a schedule view for the current day.
- Click on the schedule to open the dialogue for creating a Visit or click +Add Visit(s).
- In the Client field, search for the Facility you wish to assign to the Employee and complete the other required fields.
- Click Create Visit to schedule and save the Visit(s).
Note: to confirm what Visits were and were not successfully scheduled to the Employee's schedule, a prompt will appear indicated the number of scheduled Visits vs. Vacant Visits (due to scheduling conflicts).