Offline Mode allows field workers to use the mobile app when they do not have access to internet. It must be enabled and configured at the system level for field workers to use it.
Offline Mode is available for both Android and iOS.
Setting up Offline Mode
- While you are online, tap the icon to open the main menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Offline Settings.
- Tap Offline modules to make a selection of what will be cached when you cache data for use in Offline Mode.
- Select only the necessary modules to speed up downloading time.
The following Modules will always be cached:
These are optional:
- Medical history
- Progress notes
- Daily activities
- Service tasks
- Sticky forms
- Report forms
- Check Offline Mode, if it has not already been checked.
- Once you have enabled Offline Mode, the following popup will appear.
- Choose OK to download data. The number of days forward that you will cache is set at the system level.
- The date and time of your last download will always be available from this screen. You can always select Download offline data now to refresh your cached data.
Using the App in Offline Mode
- Once you have logged in and cached your data, you can go offline and you will retain access to all the modules you have selected. The app will indicate on all screens when you went offline.
- The app will indicate on all screens when your Session expires.
- Your Schedule will synchronise between Web and Offline Mode for any changes you make.
- Visits you create or edit since you performed the download will appear in your app correctly when you go offline.
- Visits you deleted or unassigned since you performed the download will not appear in your app when you go offline.
- The amount of time during which you retain access to your data during this session is set at the system level. As long as you remain logged in, you will have access until the Session length elapses.
You will lose your cached data if:
- you log out before the Session length elapses.
- you disable Offline Mode while offline
- When your data expires, you will be prompted to either Disable Offline Mode or Download fresh data.
- Once you return online, any actions you have performed will be uploaded back to Alayacare. For example, Reports completed, Progress Notes logged, or clock-in and clock-out.