Care Time is a feature that applies well to certain types of agencies. When an visit or appointment requires an employee's full attention only for a fraction of the visit, the Care Time feature allows you to distinguish required time of care from the total visit duration. Injection Clinics are a good example. Nurses are required for the first part of the appointment, to set up everything and get the injection going. Once that is completed, they can move on to another client, while keeping an eye on clients with ongoing injections. Care Time allows schedulers to take this into account and make sure an employee does not have overlapping Care Time.
Care Time can be visualized in the following views:
- Visit/Recurrence dialog
- Visit summary
- Finder Calendar
Care time is set at the Service Code level along side Duration. This can be used to indicate to schedulers the time dedicated for care and prevent unwanted overlaps.
How to setup Care Time
Care Time functionality is disabled by default. You can enable via the setting 'Care Time Different Than Duration' which can be found in System Settings>Scheduling.
Similar to duration, you can set the Care Time for each Service Code. Once this setting is is enabled, a new field will appear in the Service Code creation and edit dialogs:
Specifics of Care Time
- Care Time will always be displayed from the start of a visit
- Care Time must be smaller or equal to Duration
- By default, if not set, Care time will be equal to Duration
- When duration of a visit is modified, Care Time will continue to use the value set at the Service Code level. If the duration is less than the Care Time, then Care Time equals Duration.
- Unlike Duration, Care Time cannot be edited on a per visit basis.
- Care Time has no impact on Billing or Payroll; the system continues to only look at visit Duration time
Viewing Care Time
Once Care Time is set at the Service Code, all related visits will display it in the following views:
Care Time will be shown via a second bar on the visit tiles, which will be slightly more transparent. The length of this will be representative of Care Time and proportional with the calendar time grid.
- On the left visit: Care Time is not set for Service code 'PT', so it is equal to visit duration
- On the right visit: Care Time 30 mins in a nearly 2 hour long visit.
Care Time will be shown here via a darker color on the visits as well as on hover of visits.