When a Visit requires an Employee's full attention for only a fraction of the Visit, the Care Time feature allows you to distinguish required time of care from the total Visit duration.Care Time applies well to agencies like infusion clinics, where nurses are required to set up the injection for a Client but can then move on to other Visits while keeping an eye on Clients with ongoing injections. Care Time allows schedulers to take this into account and make sure an Employee does not have overlapping Care Time.
Care Time can be seen in the following views:
- Visit/Recurrence dialogue
- Visit Summary
- Employee Finder Calendar
Care Time is set at the Service Code level alongside duration. This can be used to indicate to schedulers the time dedicated for care and prevent unwanted overlaps.
Set Up Care Time
Care Time functionality is disabled by default. You can enable it via the setting
Like Service Duration, you can set the Care Time for each Service Code. Once this setting is is enabled, a new field will appear in the Create/Edit Service Code dialogues:
Specifics of Care Time
- Care Time will always be displayed from the start of a Visit.
- Care Time must be smaller or equal to the Visit duration.
- By default, if not set, Care Time will be equal to the Visit duration.
- When duration of a Visit is modified, Care Time will continue to use the value set at the Service Code level. If the duration is less than the Care Time, then Care Time equals duration.
- Unlike Visit duration, Care Time cannot be edited on a per Visit basis.
- Care Time has no impact on Billing or Payroll. The system only look at the Visit duration.
Viewing Care Time
Once Care Time is set at the Service Code, all related Visits will display it in the following views:
Care Time will be shown as a second bar on the Visit tiles, which will be slightly more transparent. The length of the bar will be representative of Care Time and proportional with the calendar time grid.
- On the left visit: Care Time is not set for Service Code 'PT', so it is equal to Visit duration.
- On the right visit: Care Time 30 mins in a nearly two-hour long Visit.
Employee Finder Calendar
Care Time will be shown here via a darker color on the Visits as well as on hover of Visits.
Article is closed for comments.