Pay Codes determine how employees are paid for visits, premiums, and time off. It is possible to attach rates to your pay codes, but not mandatory. If you prefer, you can configure your employee wage tables in your external payroll system, which will map the codes to the proper rates when you upload your Payroll Export from Alayacare.
If you do choose to use pay rates, you have the option of entering a schedule of rates with different effective dates. For example, if you know PAY-XYZ is worth 20$/hour now but effective January 1st will go up to 22.50$/hour, you can enter it right away.
You can also set up custom rates on individual employees for specific Pay Codes.
Pay Codes are never displayed to clients. We recommend filling out both the Code and the Name, taking into account that the Code will be displayed more often throughout the application.
Expense Codes determine how Suppliers are expected to charge for Visits. It is possible to attach rates to Expense Codes, but not mandatory. Expense Codes are necessary to manage Expense Accrual.
Set up a Pay Code
- You can access configured pay codes through Accounting>Accounting Settings>Pay Codes. They can be filtered by whether they are Enabled or Disabled, and searched by Name only.
- Click +New Pay Code
- In the resulting dialogue, Select the option Payroll.
- Enter a Name, a Code, a Rate, and choose a Unit.
- Click Save.
Edit a Pay Code
Click Edit to edit a Pay Code.
Set up a schedule of rates for a Pay Code
- In the Edit dialogue of the Pay Code, click Rates.
- In the Rates tab, click +Add Rate to create a new rate, or click Edit or Delete for existing rates.
Be careful when editing or deleting existing rates, as it could change the value of previously-run payroll.
Disable a Pay Code
Click Disable to disable a Pay Code.
Set up an Expense Code
- In the new Pay Code dialogue, choose the type Expense.
- Enter a Description, Rate, and Units, and a GL account of type Expense to do Expense Accrual.