Bill Codes determine how visits and premiums are billed to specific Funders. Invoicing can be done directly through AlayaCare or items can be exported to an external billing system via a Billing Export.
Set up a Bill Code
- You can access configured bill codes through Accounting>Accounting Settings>Bill Codes.
- Click on the Filter icon to search and filter. Bill Codes can be filtered by whether they are Enabled or Disabled, or filtered by Funder, and searched by Code or Name.
- Click +Add Bill Code
- In the resulting dialogue, enter a Name, a Code, a Default Rate, and choose a Unit.
Code is the short-hand that will be displayed to staff throughout the application.
Name is the display name for clients on invoices, so it should be client-friendly.
GL Revenue: Revenue account against which this bill code should be logged in the GL. If you only have one Revenue account created in your Chart of Accounts, it will already be selected here.
Funder: choose a funder for the bill code.
Taxes: if you have configured any Taxes, you can add them here.
Excluded from Billing: this is unchecked by default. If you check this option, any visits or premiums with this bill code will never appear in an invoice.
Default Rate: Set the rate for the bill code.+Add Time Specific Rule: Time Specific Rules allow you to set different rates based on certain times of day or days of the week.
Units: Choose between per hour, per visit, and per rate.
Default Rate ID: this optional field allows you to assign a custom unique ID to a rate.
Effective Date: only visits and premiums created as of this date will be subject to the rate you are configuring. Multiple rates can be added and will come into effect based on the date of effectivity.
- Click Save.
Once you have saved a Bill Code you can no longer make changes to the Funder and Units. This is to prevent data-related problems from occurring later on in the billing process.
Edit a Bill Code
Click Edit to edit a Bill Code.
Editing a bill code will make no difference to existing invoices.
Disable a Bill Code
Click the arrow of the Edit dropdown and then click Disable to disable a Bill Code.
Disabling a bill code will not affect any prior uses of the bill code - it will only prevent its being available as a possible selection in dropdowns going forward.
- Chart of Accounts
- The Relationship between Service Codes, Pay Codes, Bill Codes, and Funders
- How do I set up/edit/disable a funder?
- How do I set up/edit taxes?
- How do I add billing premiums for my clients?
- How do I set/edit/clear a custom bill code rate for a particular client?