Once configured, Time Off Types can be added to employee profiles to indicate scheduling unavailabilities.
A time off type can be scheduled to last all day or for a fixed start and end time during the day:
- The employee is unavailable all day and will miss all visits scheduled that day.
- The employee only misses visits which begin and/or end between the scheduled start and end time of the time off.
Additionally, the time off type can be payable or not payable:
- The employee can be paid for their missed visits according to the pay codes of the visits.
- The employee can be paid for their missed visits according to a pay code set up on the time off type.
- The employee can be paid for a fixed duration, according to a pay code set up on the time off type.
- The employee can be left unpaid.
Set up a Time Off Type
- Navigate to Accounting>Accounting Settings>Time off Types.
- Click + New Time Off Type.
- In the resulting dialogue, enter a name for the type.
Service Code: if the time off is meant to be payable according to the time off pay code, choose a service code with an appropriate pay code.
All-day Duration (In Minutes): if an employee's time off is defined as all day, they will appear as unavailable all day, but this default will determine how much time they are paid for (if it is paid). This can be overridden when you add an unavailability to an employee's schedule.
Use Payable Scheduled Hours for Payroll: If the employee should be paid according to their missed visits, select Yes - Using Time Off Type Pay Code, or Yes - Using Visit Pay Code, depending on the pay code you want to use. Otherwise, select No. This cannot be overridden when you add an unavailability to an employee's schedule.Available to the following Roles: If no/all roles are checked, the type can be added to any employee. If at least one role is checked, the type will not be an option for employees of the unchecked roles.