Activity Codes are required for visits billed back to the CCAC. In the PXML export of billing to the CCAC, we de-duplicate the Activity Codes, so if you want to more granularly set the Activity Codes, you don't have to worry about billing more than once for the same activity. For instance, some clients have Activity Code 11 set multiple times for different forms of the same activity.
Activity codes can be attached to the visit at different entry points in the system:
- Service Profile – all visits derived from this service line will include these Activity Codes
- Recurrence Rule – all visits derived from this recurrence rule will include these Activity Codes
- One-off visit – only this visit will include the Activity codes listed
Before sending an export to the CCAC, the system will check to see if any visits are missing an Activity Code, and if so, will flag it for review.
Set up an Activity Code
- To view configured Activity Codes, see Accounting>Accounting Settings>Activity Codes.
- Click +New Activity Code
- In the resulting dialogue, enter the Code and optionally, a Description.
- Click Save.
Edit an Activity Code