There are two ways of creating billing premiums for clients:
- A billable premium is added directly to a visit. For example, a client received a delivery of groceries, and is charged for the cost of them as a visit premium.
- A Client Billing Premium is added directly to the client. Client Billing Premiums allow for a client to be charged a flat rate for fees incurred outside of their homecare service. Users have the option of adding a recurring frequency to these premiums so that the client is charged on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. For example, a client is charged a periodic administration fee for their account.
Adding a Billable Premium to a Visit
- Open the visit dialogue and go to the Premiums tab
- Click + Add Premium
- Open the dropdown in the Premium column and choose a premium.
In order for a visit premium to be billable, the premium must be configured with a bill code for the funder of the visit. See here to set up premiums.
- Enter a Quantity and optionally a Description.
- Click Save and close the visit dialogue, or add another premium.
- In Billing, the value of the premium will be quantity multiplied by the rate on the premium bill code.
Adding a Premium for a Client
- From a client profile, go to Accounting>Billing Premiums.
Click on +Create Premium.
- In the resulting dialogue, fill out a Name.
Billing Premium: auto-complete that displays all premiums. Select your Client Premium from the list.
Only bill codes with the unit "rate" are eligible to be billed as Client Billing Premiums.
Funding Methodology: the billing premium can be funded by a single funder by choosing Single Source or by more than one by choosing the methodology Split.
Funder: the "Funder" dropdown is filtered to only display the funders with Bill Codes tied to the premium you have chosen earlier.
Start Date: the Start Date of the premium if recurring, or the Date of the single occurrence of the premium if not.
End Date: the end date of the premium if recurring.
Frequency Type and Repeat Every: when recurring, Client Billing Premiums can be charged on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Click Save.