There are two ways of creating billing premiums for clients:
- A billable premium is added directly to a visit. For example, a client received a delivery of groceries, and is charged for the cost of them as a Visit Premium.
- A Client Billing Premium is added directly to the Client. Client Billing Premiums allow for a Client to be charged a flat rate for fees incurred outside of their Service(s). Users have the option of adding a recurring frequency to these Premiums so that the Client is charged on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. For example, a Client is charged a periodic administration fee for their account.
Adding a Billable Premium to a Visit
- Open the visit dialogue and go to the Premiums tab
- Click + Add Premium
- Open the dropdown in the Premium column and choose a premium.
In order for a visit premium to be billable, the premium must be configured with a bill code for the funder of the visit. See here to set up premiums.
- Enter a Quantity and optionally a Description.
- Click Save and close the Visit dialogue, or add another Premium.
- In Billing, the value of the Premium will be quantity multiplied by the rate on the Premium's Bill Code.
Editing/Deleting a Billable Premium on a Visit
- Click Edit or Delete for a Premium in the Premiums tab of the Visit dialogue.
Adding a Billing Premium for a Client
- From a client profile, go to Accounting>Billing Premiums.
- Client Billing Premiums can be searched by Name and filtered by Status, Funder, and Start or End Date range by clicking on the icon.
- click on +Create Premium.
- In the resulting dialogue, fill out a Name.
Billing Premium: auto-complete that displays all Premiums. Select your Client Premium from the list. Note that your choice of Premium will limit your available Funders according to which Bill Codes are set up on the Premium.
Only bill codes with the unit "rate" are eligible to be billed as Client Billing Premiums.
Funding Methodology: the billing premium can be funded by a single Funder by choosing Single Source or by more than one by choosing the methodology Split.
Funder: the "Funder" dropdown is filtered to only display the funders with Bill Codes tied to the premium you have chosen earlier. Note that your choice of Funder(s) will limit your available Premiums according to which Bill Codes are set up on the Premium.
Start Date: the Start Date of the premium if recurring, or the Date of the single occurrence of the premium if not.
End Date: the end date of the premium if recurring.
Frequency Type and Repeat Every: when recurring, Client Billing Premiums can be charged on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Click Save.
Editing/Disabling a Billing Premium for a Client
Click Edit or Delete for a Premium.
Disabling a Client Billing Premium will set the end date to 12:00 am of the current day. The Client Billing Premium will not appear on any invoices created after today's date.
Invoicing Client Billing Premiums
Client Billing Premiums will appear in their own section of an invoice:
A premium will be listed on an invoice as many times as it was charged during the billing cycle. For example, a two-week bill cycle with a Client Premium charged once per week will show 2 items in the "Premiums" section.