You should configure your chart of accounts in accounting>accounting settings>accounts so that it matches your general ledger. Enabled accounts created here will be available to select in various dropdowns throughout the application depending on their type.
For each account you create, you must enter account names and GL numbers. The following account types are available:
- Receivables: your organization must have at least one Account Receivable (AR). All sales and payment transactions will be logged against the Account Receivables created. All ARs must be set at the funder level.
- Bank: bank accounts can be created against which to log payments.
- Expense: expense accounts can be used to write off amounts for payments that will never be collected.
- Revenue: revenue accounts can be created for each cost centre. It will be applied to each bill code and be logged against for each visit and/or credit note.
- Liability: if your services are taxable, enter each tax account that will need to be logged for each visit. Each Liability account (e.g. HST) will sum the amount of tax the agency owes.
Create an account
- To see configured accounts, go to accounting>accounting settings>accounts.
By default, the list will be filtered to enabled accounts.
- Click +Add Account.
- In the resulting dialogue, enter a Name and GL number and select a Type.
Note that the GL number of your account must be unique. If another enabled account with the same GL number exists, you will not be able to save the new account. The name must also be unique for the account type. If an account of that type with the same name already exists, you will not be able to save the account.
- Click Save.
Edit an Account
Click Edit for the account you wish to edit.
Make the necessary changes to the GL number or account name,
Note that if the GL account has already been used, you will not be able to edit the GL number.
When you have finished, click Save in the dialogue.
Disable an Account
Click Disable for the account.
Click Save to confirm.