Any individual in the system can have multiple Profile Types ased on whether they are an Employee, Client, Employee Contact, or Client Contact.
When adding a Client, Employee, Client Contact, or Employee Contact, you therefore have the option of associating it with an existing individual in the system to consolidate their information.
Adding a New Profile for an Existing Individual
- When individuals already exist with matching criteria, they will appear in the Matching Profiles table in the initial dialogue for adding a Client, Employee, or Contact.
- If the existing individual already has multiple Profile Types associated to them, they will be listed in the Profile Types column and the icon will appear.
- If a Profile of the same type already exists for the individual, you cannot choose it. For example, because a Client Profile is being added below, the Choose option for the individual with an existing Client Profile is grayed out.
You can click on the Name of any individual in order to be taken to their existing Profile.
- If you are adding a Profile Type for an existing individual, click Choose for that individual.
- The individual will appear as Chosen and the dialogue confirmation button will update to Use Selected Profile.
- In the case where the existing individual already has multiple Profile Types, clicking on their name will produce a popup for you to select which of their listed Profile Type you wish to visit.
Searching Profiles for an Existing Individual
Use the Global Search, available in the top left corner of any page in the system, to find any individual with all associated profiles.
Any Profile Types associated with an individual will appear under their name in the search. If an individual has multiple Profile Types, the icon will appear in their listing.
Clicking on an individual with multiple Profile Types will produce a dialogue where you can choose which profile you wish to view.