The employee profile is where all of the information related to a specific employee - demographic information, scheduled visits, submitted forms, etc. - is stored in AlayaCare.
You can create a new employee profile from the main employees menu. If the employee is already a client or client contact in your organization, you can use that profile to create an employee profile.
⚠ Note: You must set up an employee's email, password, and role and permissions on their profile before they will be able to access the web or mobile application. ⚠
Creating a client profile for a new employee
1. Go to employees>employees.
2. In the employee list you can filter by status, departments, employee group, or designations. You can search by name, last name, UID, job title, role, or phone number.
3. Click +new employee.
4. In the resulting dialogue, enter a first name and last name. You can also optionally enter a phone number and email.
5. If any profiles already exist in AlayaCare with matching criteria, they will appear in the matching profiles table. Learn more about adding profile types to existing individuals.
6. If you are adding a new individual with the same name, click add new employee.
7. You will be taken to a new page where you can add further information for your employee profile.
8. In the general information tab, make sure to add an email address and password for the employee in addition to any other demographic information required by your organization. If you are using group associations, the employee must also be assigned to a group.
9. Navigate to the address tab to enter the employee's address.
10. Navigate to the roles & permissions to assign the employee to a role. The role will determine which permissions (ACLs) the employee has access to. Note that the employee must be assigned to a role in order to access AlayaCare. To access the mobile app, the employee must be assigned to a field portal role.
11. When you are done, click save employee to finish creating the employee profile.
12. Once the employee profile has been created, you can complete the information in the other areas of the profile for the employee.
Employee profile from supplier
For each supplier profile you create, a default employee profile will also be created with the employee status: active.
For the default employee:
- The first name is the supplier name.
- The last name is - Supplier.
- The contact information is from the supplier.
The default employee does not have the usual employment settings.
- They are default available.
- It is not possible to create unavailabilities for them.
- They have no employment type.
Employee profile from applicant form
If an applicant form is submitted, a new employee profile will be automatically created with the employee status: applicant.
- How do I add a profile type to an existing individual?
- How do I set up employee designations?
- How do I set up employee departments?
- How do I edit an employee's status?
- How do I manage job applications (applicant tracking)?
- How do I set up suppliers?
- How do I set up groups (clients/employees/suppliers)?