Cost Centres provide more robust GL accounting and tracking of financial transactions within AlayaCare to ensure that these are accounted for correctly in the GL extracts.
Enabling the Feature
- Got to Settings>All Settings>Features
- Toggle the Cost Centre feature to On.
- The following screens and fields will now be activated:
- Cost Centre in Accounting Settings
- Cost Centre fields in:
- Client Demographics
- Employee Demographics
- One for Client
- One for Employee
- Client & Employee Premiums
- One for GL Bank
- One for GL Receivables
The ACL Permission Manage Cost Centres must be enabled for a user of a given role to view/edit Cost Centre fields for all entities.
Set up a Cost Centre
- Navigate to Accounting>Accounting Settings>Cost Centre
- Click the icon to search by Number or Description or filter by Status.
- Click +Add Cost Centre.
- In the new row, enter a Cost Centre Number and a Description and click Save.
Cost Centre Overrides
- Click Overrides in the Edit dropdown of a Cost Centre
- In the resulting dialogue, any existing Overrides will be listed.
- You can click the icon to filter any existing Overrides by GL Account and Overridden Cost Centre.
- Click +Add Override
- In the resulting row, enter a GL Account, an Overridden Cost Centre, a Start Date, and an End Date.
- Click Save.
- You can also edit an existing Override by clicking Edit in the same dialogue.
Edit a Cost Centre
Click Edit for any Cost Centre to edit it.
Disable a Cost Centre
Click on Disable in the Edit dropdown to disable a Cost Centre.
It is not possible to disable a cost centre which is configured on a Client or Employee.