Scheduling System Settings include the following:
- Overtime Rule
- Default Employment Type
- Default Employee Capacity Settings
- First Day of Week (Scheduling)
- Continuity Metric Past Visit Limit (In Days)
- Employee Capacity Settings
- Care Time Different Than Duration
- Show Service Start and End Date on Client Calendars
- Show Recertification Period on Client Calendars
- Recertification Period (in Days)
- Schedule Default Slot Duration Settings
- Limit to show Visits over Multiple Days (Month & Episode Views)
- Client Schedule Views
- Default Employee Availability/Default Facility Availability
- Active Scheduling Notifications
- Employee Finder Default Tab
- Default Filters in Facility Finder/Default Filters in Employee Finder
- Mastering Period (In Days)
To view settings around scheduling, go to Settings>System Settings>Scheduling.
Set a default Overtime Rule to apply to all Employees.
Choose from among the enabled Overtime Rules created in Accounting>Accounting Settings>Overtime Rules.
Even if the rule is disabled subsequent to being chosen at the system level, the rule will still apply during Payroll.
This system-level Overtime Rule can be overridden for individual Employees in their profiles.
- How do I set up/Disable Overtime Rules?
- How do I set a custom Overtime Rule for a specific employee?
Default Employment Type
Set an Employment Type default to apply to all Employees.
Choose from among the Employment Types created in Accounting>Accounting Settings>Employment Types.
- How do I create Employment Types?
- How do I pay my employees holiday rates for visits when I run payroll?
Default Employee Capacity Settings
- Default Employee Minimum Daily Capacity
- Default Employee Maximum Daily Capacity
- Default Employee Minimum Weekly Capacity
- Default Employee Maximum Weekly Capacity
First Day of Week (Scheduling)
Set the first day of the week in monthly or weekly calendar formats.
Continuity Metric Past Visit Limit (In Days)
- Set this metric to some number of days x.
- Open the Employee Finder or the Facility Finder when scheduling a Visit for a Client.
- The Continuity of any Employee or Facility will calculate the percentage of the Client's Visits over the past x days with that Employee or at that Facility.
Employee Capacity Settings
Choose what will be included in calculation of Employee Capacity.
Care Time Different Than Duration
Enable or disable the use of Care Time durations.
Show Service Start and End Date on Client Calendars
Enable tiles to show start and end dates of Client Services on calendars.
Show Recertification Period on Client Calendars
Enable recertification tiles leading up to the end of a Service.
Recertification Period (in Days)
Set for how many days prior to the Service End Date recertification tiles will appear in the Client calendar.
Schedule Default Slot Duration Settings
- Employee Individual Schedule Default Slot Duration
- Employee Schedule Default Slot Duration
- Client Schedule Default Slot Duration
- Facility Client Schedule Default Slot Duration
- Facility Employee Schedule Default Slot Duration
Limit to show Visits over Multiple Days (Month & Episode Views)
When an overnight Visit is created, if the Visit ends prior to the set value, then the Visit does not appear on the last day. If the end time of the Visit is later than the time set, the Visit is shown across all days on monthly and episode calendar views.
If no value is set, the default is 9am.
Client Schedule Views
Choose which of the following views will be available as options when viewing Client Schedules.
Client Schedule Default View
Choose the default view when viewing Client Schedules from the following:
Default Employee Availability/Default Facility Availability
Choose whether or not all Employees or all Facilities will be available or unavailable by default in their calendars. An override can be set for individual Employees or Facilities in their profiles.
Active Scheduling Notifications
Check off the options for which you wish a notification to be triggered.
- Moving Visits with Service Instructions: Whenever rescheduling or dragging and dropping a Visit with Service Instructions, a warning will be triggered.
- Facility Capacity Exceeded: whenever scheduling a new Client visit to a Facility and exceeding its Capacity, a warning will be triggered.
Employee Finder Default Tab
Choose whether the Employee Finder will default to the Calendar view or the Metric view.
Default Filters in Facility Finder/Default Filters in Employee Finder
Check which filtering criteria should automatically be applied in the finders. The filters can always be modified once the finder is open.
Mastering Period (in Days)
This field determines the number of days in the future that recurring visits will be shown on clients' calendars.
This has to do with how AlayaCare creates visits in the schedule. For performance reasons, not all the visits until the end of a recurrence will necessarily be created immediately. For example, if a recurrence is scheduled to run for the following year, but the mastering period is set at 90 days, visits for the recurrence will only be created for the first 90 days when the recurrence is first saved.
Subsequent visits are projected periodically according to the length of the mastering period. For North American tenants, recurrences are projected every Saturday at 5:10 AM EST. For Australian tenants, projections occur every Saturday at 5:30 AM AEST. For example, if a recurrence is scheduled for the following year and the mastering period is set at 90 days, visits will be created for the first 90 days when the recurrence is set. Every Saturday morning that follows, new visits will be added to the calendar up to 90 days in the future.