The Employee Status has repercussions for scheduling and login.
It is reportable in Data Exploration.
The available statuses are:
|Can log in||Remains scheduled to previously-assigned future Visits||Can be scheduled to past or future Visits||
Remains as Primary Employee on Services or Recurrences
|Remains on Care Teams||Remains as Associated Employee||Can be added as an Associated Employee **||Remains as an Experienced Employee||Can be scheduled by drag and drop||Can be added as Primary Employee on a Service or Recurrence||Can add a new Visit (self-schedule)|
|Terminated (from Employee Overview)|
* Recurrences do not display the same as Vacant Visits. The second example has a Primary Employee whose status changed. Compare to examples 4 and 5.
** Employee can be assigned directly but cannot be found in Employee Finder.
Change the Employee Status
- The Employee Status can always be updated from Employee Profile>Demographics>General Information.
- Choose the new Status in the Status dropdown.
- Save Employee.
- The Employee Status is visible in Employee Profile>Overview.
Any newly created Employees are Active by default, though it is possible to select another Status if desired.
- Apart from the dropdown in Employee Profile>Demographics>General Information, there is an option to terminate Employees from the Employee Overview by clicking Terminate.
- In the resulting dialogue, enter a Comment. The Employee's Last Day of Work will be locked to today's date.
- Click Save.
These statuses retain access to AlayaCare but cannot be scheduled and are removed from existing future Visits.
Employees with these statuses are never available for Scheduling, Payroll, or other assignments.
New Employees are automatically Applicant when they have submitted the Applicant Form.