Use Skills set at the system level in the following ways:
- Add Skills to Employee Profiles
- Add Skills to Client Profiles or Facility Profiles with an assigned Employee
- Add Skills to a Service, Recurrence, or Visit
- Update Expiring Skills
View/Set/Edit/Turn ON/Turn OFF Skills & Qualifications for an Employee
Visibility and editing permissions for Employee Profile>Skills & Qualifications is governed by the ACL: Employee Skills>Edit Employee Skills.
- Navigate to Employee Profile>Skills & Qualifications. All Skills except for Client-Specific will appear.
- If a Skill has no fields to complete, it is sufficient to click ON or OFF.
- If a Skill has any fields to complete, click Set.
- If a Skill has any fields to update, click Edit.
Add/Edit a Client-Specific Skill or Facility-Specific Skill
Only system administrators can add/edit Client(Facility)-Specific Skills.
- Navigate to Client(Facility) Profile>Coordination>Client-Specific Skills or navigate to Employee Profile>Skills & Qualifications>Client Specific Skills. Click +Add Client Specific Skill.
- In the resulting dialogue, select a Skill of type Client-Specific. Fill any other necessary fields.
- Click Save.
Add/Remove Skills from a Service/Recurrence/Visit
Editing permissions for Skills on a Recurrence/Visit is governed by the ACL: Accounting>Edit Skills. No permission is required to add/edit/delete Skills on a Service.
- In the Service dialogue, you have the option to add one or several Skills.
- Any Recurrence created after Skills have been edited on the Service will inherit the Skills of the Service at that time. You can add/remove Skills for the Recurrence.
- Any Visit created after Skills have been edited on the Recurrence will inherit the Skills of the Recurrence at that time.
- When adding an Employee, the Employee Finder allows you to see which Employees possess the right Skills.
- Hover over the bar to see which Skills are matched (in green) and which unmatched (in red).
If the Employee owns a necessary Skill but it expires before the Visit requiring it, the Employee will not appear as satisfying that Skill requirement for the Visit.
- If the Employee owns a necessary Skill for a Recurrence but it expires before the end of the Recurrence, the Employee will appear as satisfying that Skill requirement for the Recurrence.
- Should the Service/Recurrence/Visit require a Client(Facility)-Specific Skill, only Employees with the Client(Facility)-Specific Skill for the Client or Facility in question will appear as having the required Skills.
View/Update Expiring Skills
Visibility and editing permissions for Employees>Skills & Qualifications is governed by the ACL: Employee Skills>View Employee Skills.
- Navigate to Employees>Expiring Qualifications.
- Expiring Criterias can be filtered by Category, Department, Group, and Expiry Date range.
- Only Skills which have been configured with an Expiry Date will appear on this screen. The number of days in which each Skill is due to expire is indicated.
- Click Edit to make changes to a Skill, such as changing the Expiry Date, or Delete the Skill.