If you subcontract work, the Expense Reconciliation and Accrual feature can help you manage your expenses.
You can create Suppliers in order to manage the Visits you assign to your subcontractors.
Set up Suppliers
Create Supplier Profiles and be sure to assign them Accrual Accounts if you plan to use Expense Accrual.
Employee Profile from Supplier
For each Supplier Profile you create, a Default Employee Profile will also be created.
Adding Other Employees to a Supplier
If you wish you can associate a Supplier Profile to any number of Employee Profiles.
- Navigate to Employee Profile>Demographics>General Information
- In the Supplier dropdown, choose from among your configured Suppliers.
- Save Employee.
Any Supplier Employees will be automatically excluded from Payroll.
- In Employees>Employees List, there is a column with the name of the Supplier for all Supplier Employees.
Create Expense Codes
Expense Codes determine how Suppliers are expected to charge for Visits.
Set Expense Codes on Service Codes
The Service Code must have an Expense Code setting if Employees of Suppliers will perform Visits with that Service Code.
Assign Visits to Suppliers
Assign an Employee associated to a Supplier Profile to a Visit, either by searching them directly in the Visit dialogue, or by using the Employee Finder.
When you add an Employee of a Supplier, you will always get a notification in the Visit dialogue.
Overriding an Expense Code/Rate on a Visit
It is possible to override the Expense Code and its Rate on the Visit.
- For any Visit with an assigned Employee associated to a Supplier, navigate to the Accounting tab and enter a different Expense Code or Rate.
- Update Visit.
- If the Visit is part of a Recurrence, you will have options to apply your change to future Visits.
Visits assigned to Employees of Suppliers can be approved just like other Visits for Billing or Payroll. However, they cannot be unapproved.
The Visits will be invoiced as usual but excluded from Payroll.
Expense Reconciliation allows you to associate Visits fulfilled by a Supplier with the correct Invoices to help you manage your expenses.
- Once Visits assigned to Employees of Suppliers have been approved, they can be viewed in Accounting>Expense Reconciliation.
- Click the icon to search by Client, Supplier, Employee, or Invoice #, or to filter by Visit Date or Status (All/Open/Reconciled).
- Click View to open the Visit dialogue of any item.
- To begin the Expense Reconciliation process, click the Reconcile button to open the following dialogue:
- Enter the name of the Supplier. You also have the option to enter the Invoice # and Date as well as the Visit Start and End Date. Then click Start Reconciliation.
- When you return to the Expense Reconciliation grid, you will see all open Visits associated with the Supplier. Check the boxes next to the Visits you wish to reconcile.
- Once a box is checked, you will be able to enter data in the Amount, Taxes, Cost Centre, Invoice #, and Invoice Date fields. Note that the Visit must have an Invoice # and Invoice Date and a Status of Reconciled for the reconciliation to complete.
- Once you have finished entering information about the Visits you want to reconcile, click the Apply Reconciliation button.
- When the reconciliation has been applied, you will receive a message that your records have been successfully updated.
Expense Accrual allows you to calculate the expenses you have incurred during a given Financial Period.
When you use the Accrue feature, it will process any Open (not yet Reconciled) Visits up to the end of the selected Financial Period and create both the current and reversing transactions by debiting and crediting the relevant accounts. For these transactions to be recorded, all Expense Codes associated with the Visits must be configured with GL Expense Accounts and all Suppliers with GL Accrual Accounts. Only one accrue is possible for each Financial Period.
- To begin the accrual process, go to Accounting>Expense Reconciliation and click the Accrue button.
- In the resulting dialogue, you will see the Period # and Financial Year of the Last Accrued Financial Period along with the list of Open Financial Periods.
- Click Choose to select the Financial Period you wish to accrue. Note that you can only select Open Financial Periods that are not followed by a Closed Financial Period. When you a ready to begin the process, click Apply Accrual.
- Once all actions have successfully completed, you will be returned to the Suppliers grid under the Expense Reconciliation tab.
Article is closed for comments.