To create a Funder, you need to select a Funder Type. The Funder Type determines the invoicing model that will be used to bill the Funder.
To add a Funder, go to Accounting>Accounting Settings>Funders and click +Add Funder.
You can then select a Funder Type from the dropdown menu. The six types are:
Select this Funder Type to generate a single invoice that includes all Clients associated with the Funder. All Clients' billable Visits during a billing period will be included on the same invoice.
This Funder Type is used to create individual invoices for each Client associated with the Funder. Select this option for Funders who wish to receive one invoice per Client.
This Funder Type is used for invoicing in cases where Clients privately fund their visits. The Funder will be the Client or one of the Client's Contacts.
Note: when you select Funder Batched, Funder Individual, or Client Individual as the Funder Type, you'll have the option to complete several additional fields. These include:
- Agency Profile. If you have set up multiple profiles for your agency, you can select one from the dropdown to associate with the Funder. To set up Agency Profiles, go to Settings>Agency Information>Contacts>Agency Contacts.
- Billing Contact. Choose an Invoice Contact from the dropdown to link to the Funder. You can create Invoice Contacts by going to Settings>Agency Information>Contacts>Invoice Contacts.
- Allow PayPal Payment. Check this box if you would like to include a PayPal link when sending invoices to the Funder.
You can also enter a number of days to serve as the Billing Adjustment Period.
- How do I email an invoice with PayPal?
- How do I create Agency and Invoice Contacts?
- How do I set up/add/edit/disable a Funder?
This option should be selected when care is provided through publicly funded Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), formerly known as Community Care Access Centres (CCACs). This Funder Type is specific to Ontario.
After selecting CCAC, you'll need to enter the following information:
- CCAC Name. The full name of the LHIN (for example, Mississauga Halton LHIN).
- CCAC Code. The short code for the LHIN (for example, MH).
- Organization Name. The full name assigned to your agency by the LHIN.
- Organization Code. The code assigned to your agency by the LHIN.
You can also specify a Billing Adjustment Period.
This Funder Type applies when Funders are billed through the Electronic Billing feature, which allows you to submit claims to Funders via a clearinghouse.This option is specific to the U.S.
After selecting Electronic Billing, you need to enter the Payer Code, Payer Name, and Payer Electronic Transmitter Identifier (ETIN) as well as your Provider Code, Provider Name, and Provider Electronic Transmitter Identifier (ETIN). You have the option to include your Provider Tax ID and Provider Taxonomy Code. You will also need to select the Claim Type (Professional or Institutional).
You can also check the Use Bank option if you want claims to use and contribute to banked time for each Bill Code/Client. If Use Bank is unchecked, claims will be rounded down for billing.
Specific to Australia, this Funder Type should be selected in cases where Services are funded by a Home Care Package (HCP). To create a Budget using an HCP Subsidy Level, at least one Funder must be set up with the Funder Type = HCP.
After selecting HCP as the Funder Type, you'll need to complete four additional fields:
- Service ID and Service Name. Enter the name and ID that will be used to identify transactions involving the HCP Funder on Aggregate Export files.
- Unearned Revenue. Select the Revenue Account from the dropdown that will be credited when generating claims and Client contributions.
- Recognized Revenue. Choose the Revenue Account from the dropdown that will be credited when invoicing a Service, Premium, or Supply. If this field is left blank, transactions will be posted to the Account linked to the associated Bill Code.