Automated Provider Reports (APRs) allow home care providers in Ontario to communicate directly with the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and request or inform them of changes to a Client's Service(s).
Each report is specific to a particular Client and Service. Note that APRs can only be completed for Services that are funded by a LHIN (CCAC)-type Funder.
ACLs for APRs
To allow Employees to view and/or edit APRs, go to Settings>All Settings>Permissions and choose the role you wish to configure. Then check the boxes next to View Automated Provider Reports and/or Edit Automated Provider Reports.
Add a Provider Report
- To create a new APR, navigate to the Client profile and go to the Services tab. Select the Service that will be the subject of the report.
- Scroll down to click on the Provider Reports tab in the green bar. Then click +Add Report.
- In the resulting dialogue, enter the Report Name. Review your LHIN's APR requirements to find out how to name your report.
- From the dropdown, select the Report Type. The different Types available are Initial, Interim, Discharge, and Change of Status.
- Choose whether the report is Urgent or Not Urgent.
- Additional Fields and Service Plan are optional free-form text fields. Review your LHIN's APR requirements to find how to complete these fields.
- Goals section automatically populates from the Goals set in the Client Care Plan (Client Profile>Care Documentation>Care Plan>Nursing Goals). The Goals are to be numbered the same way for every APR created for a Service.
- Check the box next to Communication only if the report is for communication purposes. If you are requesting changes to the Service, click +Add Service Change.
- Select the Service Change Type from the dropdown. You will be asked to complete different fields depending on the Type. There are five types of Services Changes: New Frequency, Frequency Change, Cancelled Visit, Provider End Date, and Provider Discharge.
- New Frequency if you are requesting a new number of visits, additional hours, or a longer duration of care. Enter the Start and End Date, choose the Units (either Visits or Hours), and select a Frequency Type from the dropdown (One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Block). Depending on the Frequency Type you select, you may need to specify the Quantity of Units, Interval, Number of Hours per Visit, and Days of the Week. Check the box next to Allow Number of Hours per Visit to be Empty if the LHIN has specified that the Number of Hours per Visit field should be left empty.
- Select Frequency Change if you need to set a new End Date for the Service. Choose the Frequency that needs to change and enter the Requested End Date.
- For Cancelled Visits, select the Frequency, Visit Date and Cancel Reason.
- If you need to change the End Date for the Service, select Provider End Date and enter a new date.
- If the Service is being discharged, select Provider Discharge, enter an Effective Date and choose a Disposition indicating the state of the Client (Hospitalized, Transfer, Died, etc.). Use the dropdown to indicate whether the Final Report is Included or Pending.
- Once you have completed all of the fields for the Service Change Type you have selected, click the button to add it to the report.
- If you want to request additional changes in the same report, click +Add Service Change. For some changes, your LHIN may require you to submit more than one Type of Service Change. For instance, if you are requesting a Frequency Change that changes the original End Date for the Service, you will also need to request a new Provider End Date.
- Once you have added all Service Changes, click Save. Your APR will appear as a Draft under the green Provider Reports tab.
- Click View to review your report. From here, you can choose to Edit further or select Send to forward it to the LHIN.
- You can also send the APR directly from the Provider Reports tab on the Service page. Simply click on the arrow next to View and select Send.
View Provider Reports Across All Clients
- To view all your APRs and their current status, go to Clients>Provider Reports.
- Click the icon to filter by Status, Client, Creation Date, Created by, Sent to, Type, Service Changes, or Submitted Date.
- Reports in Draft can also be sent from the Provider Reports List. Click on the arrow next to View and select Send. The report's status will change from Draft to Sent.
- From the Provider Reports List, you can monitor the progress of APRs across all Clients. After a report is Sent, its status can be Received, Refused, In Progress, or Reviewed. A Draft can also be Cancelled.