Ad Hoc Invoicing allows you to generate an invoice for a particular Client at any time and include Visits that have not yet been invoiced. These types of invoices are generated manually from the Accounting tab on the Client's profile.
Ad Hoc invoicing is most appropriate in certain types of scenarios, such as:
- Point-of-sale services (for example walk-in clinics where you need to invoice for Visits immediately)
- Closing out Client accounts (for instance, if a Client passes away or is discharged for other reasons and you need to generate a final invoice outside of a Billing Period)
Ad Hoc invoicing only works with Client Individual and Funder Individual-type Funders.
For Funder Batched invoicing models (including LHIN (CCAC)-type Funders) and other Funders who are billed at regular intervals, you should use Billing Periods to generate invoices in batch for Visits that have occurred within a set date range. To learn more about Billing Periods, check out the Billing Periods Overview.
Note that Equipment and Supplies and Client Billing Premiums will not appear on Invoices when using Ad Hoc Invoicing. These items must be invoiced through Billing Periods.
Creating an Ad Hoc Invoice
To begin, navigate to the Accounting tab on the profile of the Client for whom you wish to create the invoice and select the Ad Hoc Invoicing tab.
From this tab, you will see a list of the Visits available for Ad Hoc Invoicing.
This list shows the following types of Visits:
- Visits that have not been invoiced before in either another ad hoc invoice or from a Billing Period. If a Visit was either voided on a previous invoice or included on a deleted invoice, it will be available for invoicing again.
- Visits funded by Client Individual or Funder Individual-type Funders. Visits that are batched for multiple Clients on one invoice cannot be invoiced outside of a Billing Period.
- Visits that have a Start Date and Time before the current date and time. Visits that are still in progress will appear, but those in the future cannot be invoiced yet.
- Visits that are either Approved and Not Approved. Rejected Visits will not be included.
- Visits that are billable. Cancelled, non-billable Visits will not be listed.
Click the checkbox next to the number of each Visit you wish to include on the invoice. Then click Generate Invoices.
Note: Vacant Visits cannot be invoiced.
If the Visits you are including on the invoice have not yet been approved, you will be notified that you are changing the approval status of those Visits based on the scheduled time.
Click Confirm to continue.
Once you have generated an invoice, you can review the draft before marking it as Sent.
While the invoice is still in draft, you can edit Visits or Premiums included if necessary. Click View to open the Visit dialogue and make any required edits.
Then click the Regenerate button to add the changes to the invoice.
If you forget to include a Visit while creating the invoice, you can delete the draft and generate a new invoice.
Once you are satisfied with the invoice, click the Mark as Sent button.
You will receive a notification that once the invoice has been marked as Sent, you will no longer be able to delete or regenerate it. Click Ok to continue.
If you need to add a Visit or make changes after the invoice has been marked as Sent, you can void the original invoice and create a new one. To begin, click the +Add Transaction button.