Accounting Exports in AlayaCare allow you to generate reports with invoice and transaction data over a specific date range and download the files in a format that makes it easy to analyze the data and import it into your agency's accounting software.
In addition to the ability to export your General Ledger and Subledger, AlayaCare offers the following core accounting reports:
Other region-specific or custom Export Types may also be available to you depending on your agency's settings.
Roles and Permissions
The following ACL is required to access and manage Accounting Exports:
- Accounting>Manage accounting exports
View your Accounting Exports
To view your agency's accounting exports or create a new export, navigate to Accounting>Accounting Exports.
From here, you can access a complete list of your agency's exports and download the file in the format specified by the export type. The following information fields are included in the list:
- Unique ID: the ID used by the system to identify the specific export file.
- Batch ID: this ID will be present when multiple exports were generated as part of the same request. It will be based on the first Unique ID generated for a group of exports (for example, in rows 2 and 3 in the image above, 714 is the Batch ID for both exports and the Unique ID for the first export).
- Exported By: the name of the user who added the export.
- Exported on: the date the export was created.
- Start Date: the start date entered in the date range for the export. Depending on the export type, this date may not have been entered.
- End Date: the end date entered in the date range for the export. Depending on the export type, this date may not have been entered.
- Type: the type of export (General Ledger and Subledger, Statement - Summary, Statement Detailed, AR Report, Invoice Report, etc.). The type may be one of AlayaCare's core reports or a custom export used by your agency.
- Funder(s): if a specific funder was selected when creating the export, the funder name will display here. If no Funders were selected, the column will display All. If multiple funders were selected, the column will display Multiple. Click the icon to view the funder names.
- Client: if a specific client was selected when creating the export, the client name will display here. If no clients were selected, the column will display All. If multiple clients were selected, the column will display Multiple. Click the icon to view the client names.
- Background Job: the status of the background job used to create the export (started, finished, failed, etc.).
Click the icon to filter the list by various attributes, including Unique ID, date Exported On, Start Date, and End Date. You can also filter by Export Type.
Create a new Accounting Export
From the Accounting Exports list, click the +Add Accounting Export button.
In the resulting dialogue, choose the Type of Accounting Export you would like to add. The Export Types available will depend on your agency's configured settings.
Note that the Format options available for your export as well as the additional required fields will depend on the Type selected.
After selecting the Type, complete the fields required for the selected Export Type.
If your export type requires a Start Date and/or End Date, select a date in these fields. Please note that the date range on accounting exports is inclusive, meaning that any billable items such as visits that occur on the start and end dates selected will be included in the export.
If you only wish to include invoices and transactions from specific clients, click under Client(s) to select one or more Clients. To group invoices and transactions by a specific funder, click under Funder(s) to select one or more Funders. For multi-office organizations, the clients and funders available for selection will be limited by branch.
When you have completed all relevant fields, click Save to add the export.
The new export will now appear in the Accounting Exports list. Click the button in the Download column to open the file.
Note that if you selected General Ledger and Subledger as the Type, you will need to click the arrow next to General Ledger to open the Subledger file.