You can export the General Ledger and Subledger in order to import the data into your agency's accounting software from Accounting>Accounting Exports. To learn more about exporting the General Ledger and Subledger, see How do I create a new Accounting Export?
The General Ledger provides a record of the total of debit and credit entries for each GL Account by the month of the entry's Posting Date.
When you export your General Ledger, the file will contain the following fields:
- Date: the last day of the month in which the account transactions were posted.
- Reference: the ID generated for the monthly total of the GL account.
- Account Number: the number of the GL Account.
- Debit: if the overall change to the account during the posting month is a debit, the total will appear in this column.
- Credit: if the overall change to the account during the posting month is a credit, the total will appear in this column.
Note that only items on invoices that are Paid or Sent will appear when exporting your General Ledger. Items on draft invoices will not appear.
The Subledger provides a record of all entries for all transaction types in AlayaCare. Every transaction will have at least two entries -- one for debiting an account and one for crediting an account.
For example, a Sale transaction resulting from an invoice will have one entry representing an AR debit and at least one entry representing a credit to a revenue account. There may also be a credit to a liability account in the case of taxes.
The total number of debit entries for a given transaction must equal the total number of credits.
When you export your Subledger, the file will contain the following fields:
- Reference ID: the ID generated for the entry.
- Transaction ID: the ID generated for the transaction. A c will precede the Transaction ID for a credit entry and a d for a debit entry.
- Posting Date:
- Transaction Date: the date when the transaction was entered in the system.
- Type: the type of transaction (for example, Sale, Payment, Void, Credit Note, Debit Note, Writeoff, etc.)
- Account Name: the name of the account involved in the entry.
- Account Number: the number of the accounted involved in the entry.
- Debit: if a debit entry, the amount debited from the account.
- Credit: if a credit entry, the amount credit to the account.
- Invoice Number: the number of the invoice on which the transaction appears (if applicable).
- Cost Centre: the Cost Centre associated with the transaction, if your agency has the Cost Centre Feature Flag enabled.
- Funder: the name of the Funder involved in the transaction.
- Billing Contact: if the Funder is Type Client Individual, the name of the Billing Contact will display here.
- Client: the name of the Client associated with the transaction.
- Client ID: the Client's AlayaCare ID.
- Memo: any comments when the transaction was entered into the system.
- Payment Method: the Payment Method selected for Payment transactions. You can enter Payment Methods by going to Accounting>Accounting Settings>Payment Methods.
- How do I add a new Accounting Export?
- How do I set up/edit/delete a Payment Method?
- How do I set up/edit my Chart of Accounts?