There are two ways to create Billing Premiums for Clients:
- A Billable Premium is added directly to a Visit. For example, a Client received a delivery of groceries and is charged for the cost of them as a Visit Premium.
- A Billing Premium is added directly to the Client. Client Billing Premiums allow a Client to be charged a flat rate for fees incurred outside of their Service(s). Users have the option of adding a recurring frequency to these Premiums so that the Client is charged on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. For example, a Client is charged a periodic administration fee for their account.
Adding a Billable Premium to a Visit
- Open the Visit dialogue and go to the Premiums tab.
- Click +Add Premium.
- Open the dropdown in the Premium column and choose one of the Premiums configured in Accounting Settings.
In order for a Visit Premium to be billable, the Premium must be configured with a Bill Code for the Funder of the Visit. Learn more about setting up Premiums.
- Enter a Quantity and optionally a Description.
- Click Save and close the Visit dialogue or repeat the process to add another Premium.
- When billing for the Visit and the attached Premium, the value of the Premium will be the quantity multiplied by the rate set on the Premium's Bill Code.
Editing/Deleting a Billable Premium on a Visit
- Click Edit or Delete for a Premium in the Premiums tab of the Visit dialogue.
Adding a Billing Premium for a Client
- From a Client's profile, go to Accounting>Billing Premiums.
- Client Billing Premiums can be searched by Name and filtered by Status, Funder, and Start or End Date range by clicking on the icon.
- Click +Create Premium.
- In the resulting dialogue, enter a Name and complete the following fields:
Billing Premium: select your Client Premium from the list of all configured Premiums. Note that your choice of Premium will limit your available Funders according to which Bill Codes are set up on the Premium.
Only Bill Codes with Per Rate selected as the Units are eligible to be billed as Client Billing Premiums.
Funding Methodology: the Billing Premium can be funded by a single Funder by choosing Single Source or by more than one by choosing Split as the methodology. Learn more about Split Billing.
Funder: the Funder dropdown is filtered to display only the Funders with Bill Codes tied to the Premium you selected. Note that your choice of Funder(s) will limit your available Premiums according to which Bill Codes are set up on the Premium.
Start Date: the first date that the Premium applies if recurring or the date of the single occurrence of the Premium if not.
End Date: the last date the Premium applies if recurring.
Frequency Type and Repeat Every: when recurring, Client Billing Premiums can be charged on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- The Default Quantity and Rate displays the quantity and rate that will be applied to the Premium. By default the Quantity of the Premium will be 1. The rate will be either the Rate set on the Bill Code or the Special Rate effective as of the Premium Start Date.
- To enter a different Quantity and Rate for the Premium, select the Override Quantity and Rate checkbox and enter a Quantity and Custom Rate for the Premium.
- Click Save.
Editing/Disabling a Billing Premium for a Client
From the Premiums list in Accounting Settings, click Edit or Disable for a Premium.
Disabling a Client Billing Premium will set the End Date to 12:00 am of the current day. The Client Billing Premium will continue to appear on any invoices before the current day. If you wish to stop billing for the Premium prior to the current day, use the Edit option instead and change the End Date.
Invoicing Client Billing Premiums
Client Billing Premiums will appear in their own section of an invoice:
A Premium will be listed on an invoice as many times as it was charged during the Billing Cycle. For example, a two-week Billing Cycle with a Client Premium charged once per week will show two items in the Premiums section.
Client Billing Premiums cannot be invoiced through Ad Hoc Invoicing.