New Forms are created in Form Settings. To begin creating a new Form, click the +Add Form button.
Configure your Form
In the Add Form dialogue box, enter the Name of the Form.
If you wish to provide additional information or instructions about the Form, enter the text in the Information/Instructions comment box.
Select which roles you wish to give permission to submit or view the Form. Click the multi-select button under Restrict Submit To to choose the roles that will be able to submit the Form on web or mobile. Users in roles other than those selected here will not be able to view the Form anywhere except Form Settings. If no roles are selected, all users will have permission to submit this Form.
Click the multi-select button under Restrict View To to select the roles that will be able to view the Form once it has been filled out and submitted on web or mobile. If no roles are selected, all users will have permission to view the submitted Form.
Next, select the Form Type. If the Form will be attached to a Task, select Task or Event Task as the Type. Learn more about Tasks in AlayaCare.
Use the Clinical Event Name field if you are creating an Event Task Type Form and wish to include the name of the clinical event the Form is tied to. This field is for informational purposes only.
If you have configured Form Categories, you can use the Category field to select the correct Category for the Form. To use a language other than English, enter a different language in the Language field.
Check which attributes you wish to assign to the Form. The possible attributes include:
- Requires Clock-In: a user must be clocked in to a Visit or Service to complete a Form.
- Display Report in Client Dashboard: if selected, the Form will appear as a tab on the Client Dashboard (as a Sticky Form) on the mobile app after Care Plan and Progress Notes.
- Exclude from Visit Reports: the Form will not be included in the Visit Report.
- Pre-populate with the Most Recent Report: details from the most recently submitted submitted Form will automatically populate when filling out the Form for a Client.
- Approve Automatically: if selected the Form will be approved automatically upon submission.
- For Admin Eyes Only: only users in an admin role will be able to view the Form in Client Forms or Visit Forms. This setting overrides roles selected in the Restrict View To field.
- Notify Alert Queue: enabling this setting will ensure that an email or SMS notification will be sent according to your Notification Rules.
Once you have entered all relevant information, click Save to create a Draft of the Form.
The Form will automatically open to the Form Builder. It will also be added to your list of Forms in Form Settings with a Status of Draft.
To change your Form's configuration from the list in Form Settings, click the arrow next to Build and select Configure. Or, click the Config button from the Form Builder to open the Form Config box.
Build a Form
To begin building your Form, find your Form in the Form Settings list and select Build to open the Form Builder.
Drag and drop the components you wish to use into the Form. Complete the necessary fields for each item in the Edit Component box and then click Save.
To edit the name of a field or section click the icon. To move a field or section, click the icon. To delete the field or section, click the icon. Learn more about how to use the Form Builder.
To add a new section to the Form, click +Add Section or drag the Section component into the template.
Once you have finished building your Form, select Preview to see what your Form will look like.
Publish a Form
Once you have configured and built a Form Draft, you must publish the Form for it to become active. Select the Publish button in the Form Builder.
You will receive the following message: Are you sure you want to publish the form [Form Name]? Click Publish to continue.
The Form's Status will change from Draft to Active.
You can also publish a Form from the the list of Forms in Form Settings. Click the arrow next to View for a Form in Draft and select Publish.
Once a Form has been published, you can complete the Form for a Client on web or mobile.
- How do I use the Form Builder?
- What are the Basic Components available in the Form Builder?
- What Advanced Components are available in the Form Builder?
- How do I add a Form for a Client on web?
- How do I add/complete a Form on mobile?