Please note that the Care Plan 2.0 and Forms 2.0 Feature Flags must be enabled together. It is not possible to turn on one feature without the other.
1. What's the impact of entering a Department or Service when creating a Diagnosis? Will it restrict the view for Employees on the app?
There is no impact to select a Department or Service on a Diagnosis. The use is to be able to categorize the Diagnosis as you see fit. Such assignments can be used to filter the Care Plan or to conduct additional reporting through Data Exploration.
2. I work with a private home care agency, and we are not currently using this type of care plan. I feel this may be a little more geared towards nursing care, which we do not generally deal with.
Care Plan 2.0 is meant to be universal. While most care plans today are more nursing focused, care planning within AlayaCare is geared to be broader to meet needs beyond just nursing.
3. Shouldn't a Care Plan always have an end date or at least an evaluation date?
A Care Plan will require an end date when it being marked as Complete. A Care Plan will be marked as Complete when either done directly, or when a new Care Plan is being published to become Active.
4. Instead of copying the full Care Plan, could we just copy certain Diagnoses, Goals, and Interventions to a new Care Plan?
Copying a Care Plan will only copy Care Plan items (Diagnoses, Goals, Interventions) that are still Active. Active items are those that have not yet been marked as Active/Resolved or Archived.
Copying specific items from one Care Plan into a new one is not available.
5. I need to print out a Care Plan to share with my Client for their signature. It needs to be by Diagnosis with the Interventions and Goals associated with each problem.
Printing a Care Plan is available. In the print-out view, it will show which Diagnosis each Goal is linked to and which Goals each Intervention is linked to.
6. If I want to add additional Services to multiple Diagnoses, could we do that all at once without removing the existing Services from those Diagnoses?
Yes, if you want to update the Services (or other attributes) that define a Diagnosis, you can do so by either editing each individual Diagnosis or using the Bulk Edit feature to update multiple Diagnoses concurrently.
The same options also exist for Goals and Interventions.
7. Can Care Plan items be un-archived or marked as Active again?
Neither a Care Plan nor a Care Plan item can be un-archived or un-completed once marked as such.
8. If we mark an Intervention as complete but later on the same Intervention is required, can I undo the completed check mark or do I have to add a new Intervention to the Care Plan?
If an item is needed to be un-archived/un-completed, it will need to be added as a new item on the Care Plan.
9. When a Client is discharged, will all the Care Plan items be marked as complete?
When a Client is discharged, there is no direct link to completing a Care Plan. Rather, you have the option of marking items in the Care Plan as Complete or simply marking the Care Plan as Complete and leaving items active as applicable. The approach taken will also depend on the reason for discharge.
10. When migrating the current Care Plan information, how do you determine the difference between Services (PT, OT, etc.) so they are aligned with the proper services in Care Plan 2.0?
The differences between services within a Care Plan can be defined using any of the following attributes:
- Goal Type
- Intervention Type
11. Will Care Plans still be able to calculate out 60 days from the start date (without us having to calculate it out manually)?
The new Care Plan does not automatically calculate out 60 days from the start date.
Specific to US customers, that functionality is part of completing a 485 and will remain as such.
12. In Australia there is a strong link between the Care Plan, which flows to a Service plan (or set of Services that are used to deliver against the Goals) and then a budget - could you outline the links between these areas?
In a Care Plan, each Care Plan item (Diagnosis, Goal, Intervention) can be linked to a Department and/or Service.
There is no direct link to the Budget.
1. Is the Per Visit with Comments Progress Tracking Method for field workers to enter after a Visit or for the admin team?
Goals with a Progress Tracking method of Per Visit with Comments are available to field workers to mark as applicable during the Visit.
1. Is the intent behind Interventions that are required for Visit completion to replace some ADLs? What is the intent of the Visit completion checkbox when defining an Intervention? How will ADLs be migrated to Care Plan 2.0?
The intent behind Required for Visit Completion is to allow you more flexibility in defining Interventions for those that are required versus those that are not. All ADLs defined today will be migrated to Care Plan 2.0 as an Intervention and will be marked as required for Visit completion.
Caregivers would only be able to clock out without completing an Intervention (ADL) if for the Intervention Required for Visit Completion is not checked.
2. If a Form is linked to the Intervention, are caregivers required to fill out the Form in order to complete the task and in turn the Visit?
Yes, if a Form is linked to an Intervention, the intention is that the Form will be completed and the given Service Task marked as completed.
3. Can the Capture Time Spent on Intervention setting be used for billable time?
Time Spent on an Intervention can be used at your discretion. The intent was to capture the active time spent on a given Service Task. It is not recommended to use it for billable time; however, the time does flow through from the Intervention Service Tasks into Billing/Accounting. If you have any additional questions, contact your Client Services Manager or Client Relationship Manager.
4. Okay, so Interventions are essentially tasks (ADLS) that will be completed in the patient's home right Will ADLs no longer exist in Care Plan 2.0? Will they become Interventions instead?
Yes. As part of Care Plan 2.0, all ADLs will be a type of Intervention. An Intervention correlates to the Service Tasks performed by a care worker during a Visit.
5. So, the Care Plan module will now encompass ADLs? They won't be separate anymore?
Correct. ADLs will be a type of Intervention on the Care Plan and will no longer be separate.
6. Could we attach a duration to the Intervention (i.e. the Employee must only spend 15 minutes for this Intervention)?
For an Intervention in the example given, you have the following options:
- In the description of the Intervention, you can indicate to spend only 15 minutes on this Intervention.
- The Capture Time Spent on Intervention setting could be enabled and the actual time spent on the Intervention could be tracked. However, it cannot be limited to 15 minutes for the given example.
7. Can we configure Interventions to make it mandatory to always put a comment when a certain Intervention is completed?
There is no configuration option available to require a comment to be entered when an Intervention is marked as complete.
System Settings Configuration
1. Regarding the setup of the Care Plan (i.e. renaming, options, etc.) is this customizable from branch to branch?
The System Settings for the Care Plan are organization-wide settings.
2. Do care workers have the option to make changes to a Care Plan?
Care workers' access and visibility to Care Plan 2.0 is dependent on the role permissions configured.
1. Since we can have multiple Care Plans, which Care Plan will be visible on the mobile app?
The Care Plan that will be visible on the mobile app will be the Active Care Plan. In Care Plan 2.0, Client can only have one Active Care Plan at a time.
2. Are we going to be able to edit/create a Care Plan from the mobile app or will it still need to be created in the web app?
As of May 2021, it is now possible for care providers with the correct permissions to edit items on a Care Plan and add new Care Plan items from the mobile app. It is not possible to create a completely new Care Plan from the mobile app.
1. In the current Care Plan format we have libraries built specific to the Services. This allows the therapists to select pre-arranged Goals, Diagnoses, and Interventions. Can we do that in Care Plan 2.0?
Yes, Care Plan Libraries can be used to set-up standard Care Plan templates.
If using Care Plan Libraries today, Care Plan Libraries will be migrated as well as part of the migration release in the fall.
2. Would we be able to create a library of standard Diagnoses, Interventions, and Goals? Like a pull-down menu?
Care Plan Libraries can be used in creating the Client-specific Care Plan by selecting specific items from the defined libraries to add to the Client Care Plan.
1. What will happen with existing Care Plans and Service Tasks when Care Plan 2.0 goes live?
Existing Care Plans and Service Tasks will be migrated to Care Plan 2.0. As part of the migration release, existing Care Plans and ADLs will be migrated.
2. We currently have Care Plans in AlayaCare on all of our patients. What will happen to our Care Plans we currently have in the system once 2.0 comes available?
Interventions will be migrated to Care Plan 2.0 with a Frequency Type of Per Request. ADLs will be migrated with their currently defined Frequency Types.
1. Is Care Plan 2.0 going live in staging first so that we can play with it?
Care Plan 2.0 is not going live in staging. However, UAT environments are set up for all customers to that you can have an extended time to test and become familiar with Care Plan 2.0 before enabling in production.
2. Do we need to request access to our UAT site from our CSM or will this just become available?
Your Customer Success Manager or Customer Relationship Manager will reach out to you to coordinate.
1. When does Care Plan 2.0 go live? Is there a go-live date when Care Plan 2.0 can be used as well as a date where migration deadline for 2.0? This feature is very complicated and will require significant training, and process changes.
When Care Plan 2.0 becomes available will depend on when the migration of your existing Care Plan/ADL data is completed.
All functionality reviewed on the August 8, 2019 webinar will be released in August 2019 monthly release. However, Care Plan 2.0 is not enabled with the August 2019 release. Enablement will depend on the following criteria:
- If you currently using Care Plan and/or ADLs today.
- Your workflows and internal training.
Every customer will be set-up with a UAT environment and your Client Success Manager or Client Relationship Manager will be working with you on when you will go to UAT and when Care Plan 2.0 will be enabled in your production environment.
We are setting up the UAT environments to make sure that you have enough time to work through the changes and feel comfortable before you enable in production.