Skills can be applied in the following ways:
- They can be added to specific Employee Profiles to indicate that those Employees possess those Skills.
- They can be added to specific Client Profiles or Facility Profiles with an assigned Employee when a Client(Facility)-Specific Skill is required.
- Either a regular Skill or a Client(Facility)-Specific Skill can be added to a Service. This will automatically filter for suitable Employees when assigning.
- A Recurrence inherits any Skills from its Service, but it is possible to remove or add different ones. This will automatically filter for suitable Employees when assigning.
- A Visit inherits any Skills from its Recurrence (where applicable) or its Service, but it is possible to remove or add different ones. This will automatically filter for suitable Employees when assigning.
You can monitor any expiring Skills & Qualifications with a KPI in the Dashboard, so you can take appropriate action to ensure Employees renew them where applicable.
Set Up Skills & Qualifications
To begin, you must configure the Skills at the System Level.
These Skills can be either general Skills, like a driver's license or CPR certification, or Client/Facility-Specific Skills, which require individual training with the Client or at the Facility, like bed lifting or using specialized equipment.
Add Skills & Qualifications to an Employee
For an Employee, set the Skills they possess in their Profile.
The Skills added for an Employee will impact whether they appear automatically in Employee searches that require Skills but can be overridden when necessary in the Employee Finder.
Add Skills & Qualifications specific to a Client or Facility
If certain Skills must be specific to a given Client or Facility, you must add them to the individual Client/Facility Profiles once they have been created and configured at the System level.
Add Skills & Qualifications for a Service
Skills & Qualifications can be attached to a specific Service, Recurrence, or Visit. These can either be general Skills or Client/Facility-specific.
When an Employee or Facility is added to a Service, Recurrence, or Visit, only Employees/Facilities that possess the Skills required will appear in the autofill. In the Employee/Facility Finders, you can override this limitation to assign Employees/Facilities without the required Skills if you wish.
Article is closed for comments.