The first step to building a report is knowing precisely what question you want to answer.
For example, how many clients have been discharged in the last 6 months and for what reasons?
Once you have chosen your question, see the descriptions of the different cubes and see which has the information necessary to answer your question.
Now you are ready to open Data Exploration and start building your report.
Create a New Report
- Click the icon in the section of your choice to create a report there, or the icon first to add a Folder in which you will save your report.
- Enter a name for the report and choose the cube as the Report Type. You must select a Folder at this stage if you want to put the report in one. Click Next.
- Organize your chosen fields into rows and columns by dragging and dropping them into the right area. Measures must be dragged and dropped into their own area.
Reorder the fields however you like, again by dragging and dropping with in the rows and columns sections. The order of the fields can dramatically impact how the data appears. For example, if in your rows you include the Employee Position Type and the Employee Department Name, reordering the fields will either group the Position Types by Department or vice versa. This will result in different totals for your chosen measures.
On the other hand, reordering the measures will only change the order they appear in the report but will not impact their calculation.
- You can type and search for the fields that interest you.
- In the list of fields, those you can use as rows and columns are indicated by the symbol and those to be used as measures are indicated by the symbol .
- Remember to click Save before leaving the page or creating a new report.