AlayaCare's Virtual Care module allows care providers to hold virtual rather than in-person visits with clients over video from the web or mobile application. To use this feature in your organization, you must enable virtual visits at the service code level.
Please note that Virtual Care is a premium feature that must be specially enabled for your organization. Contact your Client Success Manager or Client Relationship Manager to learn more.
Roles and permissions for virtual care
For employees to be able to hold virtual visits, they must have the correct ACL enabled in Settings>Roles & Permissions:
- Workflow>Allow to initiate a virtual visit (available for Admin and Field Portal Roles)
This ACL allows users to see the Send invite to client button on virtual visits that allows them to create the virtual session.
Setting up service codes for virtual visits
In order for a service to be eligible for virtual visits, the service code must be configured to permit virtual visits. To begin using virtual care, you can either create a new service code or edit an existing one to allow virtual visits.
In the New/Edit Service Code dialogue, check the box next to Allow Virtual Care.
Once you have saved the service code and attached it to a service, visits scheduled for that service will be eligible to be held virtually over a video session.
Visits with a service code that allows virtual visits will be marked with the icon in schedules on web and mobile.
Note that for virtual visits, clients must have an email address configured in the Demographics tab on their profiles.
Premium rules for Travel and Mileage only take client and employee addresses into account, not clock-in information. Therefore, if you use either of these rules, you have two options:
- If a service code will be provided only virtually from now on, ensure it is excluded from the service codes configured for premiums with those rules.
- If a service code is for services which will be provided both virtually and in person, create a separate virtual version of the service code, and exclude that from your mileage and travel premiums.
See more about configuring premium rules here.
Visit approval for virtual visits
If a virtual session was created for a visit (if the Send invite to client or Copy invite link button was selected), then Virtual will be displayed in the Punch In Distance and Punch Out Distance columns in Visit Approval.
You can filter for your virtual visits using the designated filter: choosing Yes will filter for all visits with a service code flagged as virtual AND for which a virtual session was created (i.e. an invite or link was sent).
- How does an employee begin/end a video session for a virtual visit on web?
- How does an employee begin/end a video session for a virtual visit on mobile?
The attached guides can be used to help clients and their caregivers learn more about joining virtual visits.