Following your organization's migration to Forms 2.0 and Care Plan 2.0, you will notice certain differences in terms of functionality and terminology across the web and mobile applications. This article provides an overview of those differences in the web application with regards to forms as well as information about all the new functionality that is available in Forms 2.0.
- Building forms
- Submitting and approving forms
- What new functionality is available with Forms 2.0?
For details on how your data will migrate from Forms 1.0 to 2.0, please see How does data migrate from Forms 1.0 to 2.0?
Building forms in the web app
Although Form Settings (previously called Report Settings) has a whole new look, all the same basic configuration settings and field options exist in Forms 2.0.
To create a new form template, go to Settings>Form Settings and select Add Form.
The same options will be available in the Add Form dialogue as in the New custom report form dialogue in the old forms module. For form types, Report (Regular) as been renamed Forms (Regular), Dispatchable Task has been renamed Task, and Dispatchable Event Task has been renamed Event Task.
Once you click Save in Forms 2.0, the form builder will open. The builder allows you to design your form using a variety of different form components to create fields and sections. You can also add display logic to set up the form so certain fields only appear when a user enters certain responses.
You add fields to the form by dragging and dropping the components on the left into the body of the form. Note that the fields under Basic correspond to the types of fields available in the Type dropdown in Field Setup in Forms 1.0.
Field setup - Forms 1.0:
Forms 2.0 - form builder:
- How do I create/configure/build/publish a new Form?
- How do I use the Form Builder?
- What are the Basic Components available in the Form Builder?
- What are the Advanced Components available in the Form Builder?
Submitting and approving forms in the web app
You can fill out and submit forms for a client or facility from a client or facility profile on the web app, just as you could in Forms 1.0.
To complete a form for a client, go to Care Documentation>Client Forms and select +Add Client Form.
Adding a form for a client - Forms 1.0:
Adding a form for a client - Forms 2.0:
To complete a form for a facility, go to Facility Forms on the facility profile.
To view and submit forms on a facility, the View Visit Reports ACL must be enabled in Settings>Roles and Permissions.
Adding a form for a facility - Forms 1.0:
Adding a form for a facility - Forms 2.0:
Submitted forms will appear in the following places:
- The Client Forms tab (previously Reports) on the dashboard, if you have permissions to view all form submissions.
- The Client Forms tab under Care Documentation on the client profile. (Note that the Client Reports and Service Reports tabs on client profiles have been removed, and Visit Reports have been moved to a separate tab.)
- The Forms tab (previously Reports) on employee profiles.
- The Facility Forms tab (previously Facility Reports) on facility profiles.
Like in Forms 1.0, you must have access to the list of all form submissions under the Client Forms dashboard tab to approve forms. All the same status options exist in Forms 2.0 as in Forms 1.0.
Approving forms - Forms 1.0:
Approving forms - Forms 2.0:
Note that to change a form's status to an option other than Approved or Unapproved, you must select View and then edit the status.
Once a form is approved, you can no longer edit or make any other type of changes to the form.
- How do I submit a Form for a Client on web?
- How do I add a Form for a Facility?
- How do I approve a submitted Form?
Importing/exporting forms from different environments
You can create forms in UAT environments to test out the new functionality and import them into your production environment when you are ready to use them. As long as you have the correct permissions, you can export forms from the form builder as a JSON file and import them into form settings.
- How do I import/export forms between environments?
What new functionality is available with Forms 2.0?
In addition to the improved design and user experience, Forms 2.0 includes the following brand-new features:
- An enhanced, user-friendly form builder with ability to preview draft forms
- The ability to set mandatory fields on forms
- The option to add display logic to forms
- Advanced form components for allowing data on submitted forms to automatically populate client profiles upon approval
- Form versioning