This information is for Australian Customers who provide HCP funded services.
Please always refer to the most up to date information on the Department of Health website. Please confirm your organisation's eligibility when reviewing AlayaCare's Zendesk articles prior to making any updates to the configuration in your Production environment.
If you require further assistance please contact your Client Services or Relationship Manager or refer to the Home Care Package (HCP) Configuration Guide
1. Navigate to the Client Profile>Accounting>Budgets and find the current active budget in the list
2. Click the dropdown arrow next to View and select Copy.
3. The start date of the new budget will default to today.
- Note: if billing for the month of the new start date has already been completed the changes in the budget will not be reflected until the next billing period.
End Existing Premiums and Create New Ones
It is not recommended that a premium that already exists on the Budget is edited. Any changes made to a premium within a budget apply based on the start date of the premium not the start date of the budget.
If you need to edit the premiums charged to a recipient on a budget it is instead recommended that the existing premium is ended and a new one is created.
Any existing premiums need to have their end date set to the day before the start date of the copied budget. To do this, the budget dates need to be edited.
1. In the top right hand corner, click Edit.
2. Set the Budget Start Date to be 1 day earlier than the current Budget Start Date and click Save
3. In this example, the date will be changed to 17/05/2021
4. Click the pencil icon next to the existing premium to edit
5. Set the End Date of the premium to the Budget Start Date i.e. 17/05/2021
6. Click Save
7. In the top right hand corner, click Edit again
8. Set the Budget Start Date to be back to the original date i.e. 18/05/2021 to maintain budget sequencing and click Save
Adding a New Premium
Now that the existing premiums have been end dated, you can create the new premiums.
1. Click +Add Premium
- 1 Enter in a Premium Name.
- 2 Select the applicable Billing Premium.
3 Enter in the Start Date and Projected End Date of the premium.
- This is used to calculate the projected Total Amount and will default to the budget start date and end date.
- 4 If applicable, override the Quantity and Rate.
2. Click Save.
As a result, the original premium will be billed at the old rate of $3.75 up until 17/05 and the new Premium will be billed at the 'new’ rate of $4.55 from 18/05 onward.