This information is for Australian Customers who provide HCP funded services.
Please always refer to the most up to date information on the Department of Health website. Please confirm your organisation's eligibility when reviewing AlayaCare's Zendesk articles prior to making any updates to the configuration in your Production environment.
If you require further assistance please contact your Client Services or Relationship Manager or refer to the Home Care Package (HCP) Configuration Guide
***AirDocs will no longer calculate the payout amounts when generating Exit Statements. The client account balance must be closed out in AlayaCare before sending the AirDocs HCP - XML file to AirDocs***
Step One: End Date the Budget
1. The client must remain active or on hold until all expenses have been processed.
- On-hold visits are not billed
- Client billing premiums are not billed if the client is discharged
- Client billing premiums look at the client status at the time that invoices are generated, therefore it is important that if a client is placed on hold that any client billing premiums created against that client are set as billable when client on hold
Optional: Navigate to Client Profile>Overview>Status History and put the client on hold using the Pending Discharge status reason. The HCP Capital and Consumables service must remain active so that any additional external expenses can be paid for by the package.
2. Navigate to the Client Profile>Services > click relevant services under Services column > select Scheduling > for each recurrence select Edit > Update the end date on all recurrences to be the last day the client will receive visits.
3. Navigate to the Client Profile>Accounting>Budgets and copy the active budget.
4. Set the end date of this budget to the last date of claimable subsidy for the client. In this example, the end date has been set to September 9. Income items will no longer be billed after September 9.
5. Update the expense of the budget so that all expense items have the end date of September 9.
6. If you still hold enough unspent funds for the care recipient, add a new premium to the budget using the Exit Fee premium. The start date and end date of the discharge fee must be the same date so the exit fee is only charged once and should be the end date of the budget. Make sure the premium is set as Not claimable so it is not included in the invoice amount claimed from Services Australia
7. Publish the budget.
Step Two: Final Billing for the Client’s Package
The final transactions for the client’s account will be picked up in the next claim period. In this example, when billing is run for September any outstanding amounts will be invoiced against the client’s package. After claims have been generated and marked as sent, the client’s services can be discharged.
The client should still remain active or on hold as we are yet to finalise and close out the client account balance in AlayaCare.
Step Three: Closing out the Client Account Balance in AlayaCare
In order to determine the payout amounts to enter you will need to review either:
- The HCP Unspent Funds report
- The Client Account Balance funder cards
1. Navigate to Client Profile>Accounting>Budgets and copy the last active budget. Ensure that the end date of the copied budget is set to the next claim period
In this example, the end date of the budget would need to fall in October as the September claim period has already been completed.
2. Edit all income items and set their rate to $0 to prevent any new income transactions being created that will affect the client’s account balance
3. Add in payout premiums using the Care Recipient Discharge Payout, Commonwealth Discharge Payout and Home Care Account Balance Payout premiums. The start date and end date of these premiums must be the same date and claim generation must not have been completed for this date. Make sure the premium is set as Not claimable so it is not included in the invoice amount claimed from Services Australia
4. Publish the budget.
When the next claim period is completed, the client account balance will be reduced to $0.00 and the invoice amount calculated will not include the premiums entered
Client account balance before invoicing: Client account balance after invoicing:
5. Once the client account balance is $0, navigate to Client Profile>Accounting>Budgets and mark the Budget as Completed.
6. Finally, if a client only has HCP funded services, you can change the Client Status to Discharged with the desired effective date and reason. Alternatively, if the client is still receiving services from other funders, the client can remain as Active
Step Four: Generate the Exit Statement
AirDocs will no longer be used to calculate the payout amounts for care recipients that exited after 1 September, 2021. The configuration of your Exit Statement will require updating with AirDocs to produce the correct output using the premiums to display the payout amounts.
1. Navigate to Accounting>Accounting Exports and select +Add Accounting Export.
- 1 Set the Type as AirDocs HCP – XML.
- 2 Set the Format as XML.
- 3 Set the Start Date as explained above. In this example the start date is 01/03/2020.
- 4 Set the End Date as explained above. In this example the end date is 30/09/2020.
- 5 Set the Reference Date as Posting Date.
- 6 Select the client the exit statement is to be generated for.
2. Click Save.
3. Download the generated XML file and follow the necessary steps to produce the exit statement in AirDocs. Included on the exit statement will be the final payout figures for the Commonwealth and Care Recipient.