Client batch exports allows organizations to export clinical records for many clients and visits at once and generate a zip folder containing a PDF file for each client in the batch. When creating a new batch, you will be able to select what information you wish to include in the client chart PDFs and which clients and visits you wish to include in the batch.
As part of the client batch exports workflow, field workers are now able to submit paper attachments for the visits they are assigned to instead of submitting electronic forms through the mobile application. Once a care provider is set up to submit visit attachments, the documents that they complete for client visits can be uploaded to the attachments section on the client’s profile and attached to the correct visits. These visit attachments can then be included in client batch exports.
Please note that the client batch exports feature must be enabled by request for your organization. Please reach out to your Client Relationship Manager or Client Success Manager if you are interested in this feature.
Once you enable the new client batch exports functionality, you will be able to complete the following actions:
- Define which employees can submit paper attachments for visits via Employment Settings.
- Attach uploaded documents to specific visits in the client's Attachments tab.
- Create, generate, and export a new batch of PDF files for clients from Clients>Client Charts.
- Define the batch information and scope (name, category, date range).
- Select which clients to include when generating a new batch.
- Select which visits (if any) to include when generating a new batch.
- View the selected information in the new client chart PDF templates.
Roles and permissions
There are two ACLs in the Customer folder in Settings>Roles and Permissions that control who can view and create client batch exports:
- Customer>View client batch exports: this permission allows users to view and download client batch exports in Clients>Client Charts.
- Customer>Add client batch export: this permission allows users to create new client batch exports in Clients>Client Charts.
Important note: granting users the ability to view client batch exports will allow them to view information that is protected by other ACLs, even if those ACLs are not enabled for the user.
When you enable the view client batch export ACL for a role, you will receive a warning with the list of ACLs that control access to information that will be available to users in this role through client batch exports.
Enabling these ACLs will not modify users’ previously configured ACLs or allow them to view this information anywhere except in client batch exports.
Client batch export workflows
To learn more about the workflows associated with client batch exports, please see the following articles: