You can download the results of a Look, query, or dashboard so that you can further analyze them. To learn how to download information in a dashboard, please see the article Managing dashboards in Data Exploration 2.0.
If you wish to download data from a saved Look or query in an Explore, select the gear icon and select Download.
You can then choose how you wish to view the downloaded results and enter a filename.
- File format: you can download the data from an Explore, Look, or dashboard tile in the following formats: TXT (tab-separated values), Excel spreadsheet, CSV, JSON, HTML, Markdown, or PNG (image of visualization).
- Results: when downloading data, you can choose whether you want to download the visualization (With visualization options applied) or download the data as presented in the data table (As displayed in the data table).
- Values: select Unformatted if you wish to prevent Looker from applying any special formatting to your data (such as rounding large numbers). This option may be necessary if you will be further processing the data. Select Formatted to see the data in the format it was displayed in the Data Exploration interface.
- Limit: for the limit, indicate whether you wish to download all results returned by the query (All Results) or only the results that were able to fit within the 500-row limit (Results in Table). If you do not have permission to download all results, you can enter a Custom number of rows to download.
- Filename: enter the filename for the file you are downloading.
Note that you cannot download the results of queries merged from different Explores as an individual report. You must save the query to a dashboard and then download the entire dashboard in CSV or PDF format. To learn more, see Managing dashboards in Data Exploration and Merging the results of queries in different Explores in Data Exploration.
You can choose to either download the file directly to your computer or open the file in your browser. Learn more about downloading Looker content here.