Given that new nationwide requirements are coming for businesses receiving Medicaid funding to ensure all employees are vaccinated, AlayaCare is moving to support our clients with both existing and new functionality.
Tracking Vaccination Status Manually
The following steps will allow you to implement vaccine tracking in your AlayaCare environment using Forms.
AlayaCare has created a sample proof of vaccination form as a task type called “Covid-19 Proof of Vaccination”, attached to this article for your use.
Setting up your Environment
- Download the sample proof of vaccination form attached below. In the Form Settings tab of the Settings section, use the Import Form option to add it to your environment.
- Create a dummy client. No other information is required than the name. This is because we will be using form-attached tasks and they require a client. In our example the client is called "COVID-19 Vaccination Forms".
- Create two departments: one for vaccinated staff and one for unvaccinated staff. This is to classify employees according to whether or not they have successfully submitted their proof of vaccination or medical exemption. Here we have simply called them "Vaccinated" and "Unvaccinated".
- Create skills you will use to indicate if the employee has been vaccinated and when or if they have provided their medical exemption and when. Add the field Acquired date to both of these skills. Here we've called them "COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated" and "COVID-19 Fully Exempted (Medical)".
- For each employee whose vaccination status must be tracked, create a Form-attached Task with the form “Covid-19 Proof of Vaccination”, using the dummy client you created previously.
- Once you've assigned the task to the employee, they will receive a task notification by email.
You must have enabled email notifications for Tasks.
- The employee can log in either to the web portal or on the mobile app to view the task and complete the form.
If an Employee is Unvaccinated
- If the employee indicates that they are not vaccinated and have no medical exemption, the task will prompt them to contact the office.
- You can keep an eye on these Tasks in the Tasks tab of the dashboard. You can filter by the name of the dummy client. Any filters you set in this page will remain from one visit to the next as long as you click in through the tab (instead of one of the Tasks KPIs).
- For any employees who have an open "proof of vaccination" task, or who have submitted the form with no proof of vaccination or medical exemption, go to their demographics tab and add them to the Department "Unvaccinated". Depending on your agency's policy, you can adjust the Status of the employee to “Suspended” so that this employee can no longer be scheduled for visits.
If an Employee is Vaccinated
- If the employee indicates that they are vaccinated, they will be required to submit the information below to complete the form.
- Vaccination status
- Vaccine manufacturer name
- Vaccine status date (first and last dose)
- Upload of proof of vaccine
- Attestation of truth
- Employee Signature
- Vaccination status
- The employee's Form will now update to status Unapproved and count towards the total in the dashboard KPI Forms to Approve. Clicking on this KPI will take you to the full list of unapproved Forms, where you can filter for the "COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination" form by name.
Alternatively, if you are uniquely focused on this particular form review, you can click straight on the Client Forms tab and set the filters for unapproved vaccination forms. As long as you click in using the tab instead of the KPI, the filters will be saved from one page visit to the next.
- Once you are satisfied by the vaccination information your employee has provided through the form, add the skill "COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated" (or the medical exemption skill as appropriate) to the employee's profile along with any necessary comments and the date for the final vaccine dose in the field Acquired Date.
- Finally, go to the employee's Demographics tab and add them to the "Vaccinated" Department.
Tracking Vaccination Status Automatically
AlayaCare has also created an automated vaccine tracker to support compliance-related priorities, available as a premium feature. As part of this feature, AlayaCare will set up Departments and Skills to track vaccinated vs. unvaccinated employees (as well as those with medical exemptions), prompt your staff periodically to submit their vaccination information, and update their profiles accordingly with no need for manual intervention. Please reach out to your client success manager for more information.
- Unvaccinated employees must be added to the "Unvaccinated" department. You can either do this manually or arrange for AlayaCare to set this up via data migration.
- A Task of "Important" priority will be assigned to the employees in your "Unvaccinated" Department to complete their proof of vaccination form. They will also receive a weekly SMS reminder until they have submitted the form successfully, with either proof of vaccination or their medical exemption.
The employee must complete the form providing the same email address they use to log into AlayaCare.
- Once an employee has successfully submitted the form:
- They will automatically be taken out of the "Unvaccinated" department and moved to the "Vaccinated" department.
- Their proof of vaccine or medical exemption will be automatically added to the Attachments on their profile.
- A skill, called "COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated" or "COVID-19 Fully Exempted (Medical)" will be turned on for the employee, depending on their replies to the form.