The task module provides excellent communication across our client base. Many have asked for the ability to send one task to a designated group of employees. There are a couple of options with Group Tasks:
The same task to multiple people, where each must complete the task;
The same task to a group of people, where anyone in the group can complete the task and cause it to be removed from everyone else's list.
Past suggestions from our users have indicated that one or the other of these options for group tasks could be very useful in the following scenarios:
- in an assisted living setting, where employees share a common device and don't have individual logins;
- so send monthly reporting reminders
- in facility situations, where any one of a group of employees could perform a given task;
- when sending the same form to a group of employees who must all fill it out;
- for caseload transfers: assigning a task to both the new caregiver and the office staff, to be copied on the relevant information;
- to send memos or other types of messages to an entire team.
Possible workflows for choosing the task assignees include entering individual employee names or selecting an entire department/group, with the option to uncheck indivuduals within the department/group.
What do you think of group tasks? What would your scenario be for using them? Which of these options above would address your use case? And what do you think of the possible workflows?
Please sign in to leave a comment.