Tasks can either refer to specific actions which need to be performed or to notifications of updates concerning specific Clients. These notifications may or may not require action in response.
Tasks concerning actions to be performed are manually created. Tasks which act as notifications are configured at the System and Employee levels and will be automatically triggered by specific conditions.
Tasks are distinct from Service Tasks, which are attached to Visits, and are created through the Care Plan. Learn more about Care Plans and Service Tasks.
Types of Task
There are three types of Task:
- a General Task can either be manually created or it can be automatically generated: it can relate to all sorts of actions, or simply be a notification of a change concerning a Client, such as a Referral update.
- creating a Form Attached Task allows you to assign the completion of a particular Form for a Client, such as an admission form or a progress assessment report.
- an Event Task is triggered according to a Client's Vitals Configuration. It also amounts to a notification based on thresholds set in the Client Profile, which can be assigned to an Employee to address (ie, high blood pressure).
When you create a Task, you can choose to:
- assign it to an Employee. This will make the Task appear in their Profile and in their account.
- attach it to Clients. This will make the Task appear in the Client Profile.
- attribute a due date to the Task.
- How do I create a General Task?
- How do I create a Task (mobile app)?
- How do I create a Form as a Task/ fill the Form?
Using Tasks as Notifications
Tasks can be created automatically to act as notifications in the following circumstances:
- A General Task can be generated when any Referral update is processed.
- You can set up an Event Task to be triggered when a Vital reading is recorded that hits a threshold value for a Client.
- You can configure an Employee to receive a General Task to notify them of a new Client assigned to them.
- You can configure an Employee to receive a General Task to notify them of a Referral update for one of their assigned Clients.
- Feature Overview: Notifications
- How do I generate Notifications of Referral Updates (Tasks)?
- How do I generate notifications for Vitals (Tasks)?
Receiving Notifications for Tasks
An Employee's notification settings can be set so that they receive an email every time a Task is assigned to them.
Managing and Resolving Tasks
You can update a Task's status according to its place in the workflow: Open, On Hold, Closed, Rejected, or Pending. Which Tasks you can view and edit depend on your permissions.
- How do I view/manage Tasks?
- How do I view/edit/assign/delete a Task?
- How do I review and resolve my Tasks (Care worker on web)?
- How do I review my task list?
- Dashboard KPIs
Reporting on Tasks
You can view, filter, and report on Tasks, and there are related KPIs to help with Task management.