Client batch exports allows organizations to export clinical records for many clients and visits at once. When preparing to export a new batch of documents, you can select the date range, types of clinical documents, clients, and visits that you would like to include in the batch. The system will then generate a zip folder containing a PDF file with all of the specified information for each client in the batch. Please note that this feature is enabled automatically in tenants.
Once you enable the new client batch exports functionality, you will be able to complete the following actions:
- Define which employees can submit paper attachments for visits via Employment Settings.
- Attach uploaded documents to specific visits in the client's Attachments tab.
- Create, generate, and export a new batch of PDF files for clients from Clients>Client Charts.
- Define the batch information and scope (name, category, date range).
- Select which clients to include when generating a new batch.
- Select which visits (if any) to include when generating a new batch.
- Download a zip folder with the exported PDFs and view the selected information in the new AlayaCare standard PDF templates.
By default, the client PDF exports created in the batch will use the AlayaCare standard default templates. However, starting with the July 27, 2021 release, you can choose to use custom templates for certain documents within client batch exports. To learn more about custom templates for client batch exports, see How do I use custom templates for client batch exports?
Roles and permissions
There are two ACLs in the Customer folder in Settings>Roles and Permissions that control who can view and create client batch exports:
- Customer>View client batch exports: this permission allows users to view and download client batch exports in Clients>Client Charts.
- Customer>Add client batch export: this permission allows users to create new client batch exports in Clients>Client Charts.
Important note: granting users the ability to view client batch exports will allow them to view information that is protected by other ACLs, even if those ACLs are not enabled for the user.
When you enable the view client batch export ACL for a role, you will receive a warning with the list of ACLs that control access to information that will be available to users in this role through client batch exports.
Enabling these ACLs will not modify users’ previously configured ACLs or allow them to view this information anywhere except in client batch exports.
Client batch export workflows
To learn more about the workflows associated with client batch exports, please see the following articles: