AlayaCare's data team is in the process of migrating your organization's personal and agency reports in Data Exploration 1.0 to its new business intelligence platform, Data Exploration 2.0.
When validating your migrated reports in Data Exploration 2.0, please make sure to follow the guidelines below.
- Verify that the Data Exploration 2.0 feature flag is turned on and properly configured in your environment.
- Ensure all appropriate users have the right roles and permissions to view and run reports in the new Data Exploration (2.0).
- Notify all users who have personal reports saved in Data Exploration 1.0 that they will need to go to the [BETA] Data Exploration (2.0) tab and select one of the Explores at least once before their reports will be migrated.
- Check to see that all your agency reports and personal reports are accounted for in Data Exploration (2.0). We anticipate that all reports will be migrated by September 30th, 2021. You can do this by toggling between the Data Exploration (1.0) tab and the [BETA] Data Exploration 2.0 tab.
- Ensure the report loads.
- Review that the report fields available in Data Exploration 1.0 are available in migrated reports in Data Exploration 2.0.
- When running a report, be sure to filter for data up to the end of August (not current data). During the month of September, the aggregate data may show discrepancies due to different refresh hours (since Data Exploration 1.0 is restored only every 24 hours and Data Exploration 2.0 refreshes every 2 hours in production).
- For example, if a visit was created today, your report in Data Exploration 2.0 will show data pertaining to the latest created visit approximately 2 hours after the visit was created whereas the visit will not appear in Data Exploration 1.0 reports until the next day.
- Note: the report graph options are found under the Visualization tab in Data Exploration 2.0 instead of a View as option in Data Exploration 1.0.
Data Exploration 1.0:
Data Exploration 2.0:
Even though graphs and other visualizations might be the end outcome of your report, it is important to validate the raw data from migrated reports displayed under the Data tab in Data Exploration 2.0 to compare against both the system itself and Data Exploration 1.0.