***This workflow is applicable when there is no requirement to back-bill for an ITF claim. If back-billing is required please refer to the workflow How to Copy a Budget and Back-Bill an ITF.***
Navigate to the Client Profile>Accounting>Budgets and find the current active budget in the list.
Click the dropdown arrow next to View and select Copy.
The start date of the copied budget will default to today. The start date of the copied budget can be adjusted to reflect the start date of the lienct’s new ITF contribution.
- Note: if billing for the month of the new start date has already been completed the changes in the budget will not be reflected until the next billing process.
- Note: When copying a budget, the available income in the budget does not reflect the current client account balance.
If adjusting an existing ITF:
- Edit the existing ITF on the Budget and update the rate of the ITF to reflect the new contribution of the client.
- Publish the budget. The new ITF amount will be reflected from the start date of the copied budget.
If adding a new ITF:
- Under Sources, add a new income item.
- The funder must be a client individual type funder and the appropriate billing contact assigned.
- Adjust the rate of the ITF to reflect the amount the client is to be charged.
- Link the ITF to the subsidy.
- Note that Charge While Suspended has no effect on the billing process for ITF.
- Publish the budget.
- The new ITF amount will be reflected from the start date of the copied budget.